massive audio vs-65sb

Participant count
  • Participant list

RBarlow

CarAudio.com Recruit
took off my front door panels in vehilcle i recently bought and to my suprise found a pair of ma vs-65sb in the holes was expecting stock bose but these were in half ass look like a steak knife was used to cut hole larger no baffe behind 2 screws holding it half in and speaker wire cut and jammed into terminal with what looks like calk speaker wire wasnt even stripped so the copper could touch leads lol it was litterally just cut flush with the wire jacket and jammed in so im think that they havent ever had music thru them which is good thing because they are 8ohm? Why make 8ohm for car audio? i understand if your gonna have a bunch of them and drop ohms for the amp but just as mids makes no sense is there any other way to drop ohm without running in them off of another speaker?

Pro audio mids. Most come in 8 ohm. Nothing you can do other than getting an amp that can produce enough power at 8 ohms. I use 8 ohm mids when paired together to drop to 4 ohms then bridged on a 4 channel to get enough power.

I'm not seeing a Massive Audio VS-65SB. Are they Menace Audio?

SB normally means sealed back which produce zero mid bass and normally have a frequency range from 500hz+

Pro audio mids. Most come in 8 ohm. Nothing you can do other than getting an amp that can produce enough power at 8 ohms. I use 8 ohm mids when paired together to drop to 4 ohms then bridged on a 4 channel to get enough power.

SB normally means sealed back which produce zero mid bass and normally have a frequency range from 500hz+
My plan is probably just try and use them on a home stereo system because its nothing i really want in my car anyhow and im sure my receiver and preamp can power them just have to get some crossovers to linit them to just mids

well i got to the rear doors last night and sure enough there were 2 more so now i have to see how this person had this **** wired cause the guy i bought car from had no idea why stock radio wasnt working and had cut power wire under hood back to the fire wall and cut in trunk to back seats somehow thinking if he got rid of wire radio would work again also cut 3 sets of rca coming fro center consol to trunk lol so i see that its not factory wire just have to figure out where it goes and how it was connected maybe they were connected together at one point? either way i have no plans to use them except maybe temp until i get all my new also i see no tweeter anywhere no sign of them being mounted anywhere so not sure what the deal was with this system?

so does that mean you should mount them in one of them like baffe cone things they make for speakers and can get at like autozone they would not give much air space id imagine and act as a sealed back right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.