Mazdaspeed 3 SQ build...with 4600+ watts?! ZED, HAT, JL, Pioneer

nice looking system. would recommend replacing the kinetik in the front to something different but keeping in the car somewhere. not the best option for a starting battery.

What and where are the mids /highs going?

Here you go:

These a pillars house a Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia L3PRO dome midrange with a machined aluminum housing. The matching L1PRO tweeters will be housed in the sail panels which are being completed currently. Pics will follow for them as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nice looking system. would recommend replacing the kinetik in the front to something different but keeping in the car somewhere. not the best option for a starting battery.
I'm curious why? Having different batteries in the same system would cause fluxuation with charging which can kill both prematurely, no? Plus, with significantly higher cranking amperage in the AGM, it shouldn't be working as hard to start the vehicle, right?

this is not needed at all the kinetics actually make great starting batteries and he doesnt need an extra batt in this car.

ps why would kinetic make 16v batts with a 12v post? its for running the car off of thats including the starter.

personally i like northstar, xspower, and odyssey batts but the kinetic is fine for that purpose

Oh...and sail panels are complete as well. Great job by Mark on these.

In other news, I'm taking it to the next level by going all digital. The P99RS is being removed and in its place will be an iPad mini. I'll utilize a 1/2din cd/dvd drive with opticla out as well as a digital dock on the ipad with optical out to feed the Mosconi 6to8V8 processor. Eventually, I'll add the Seagate wireless plus wifi drive to the mix to have 2TB of high quality music available from the iPad. [//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif]

Got a little work done today. Not quite up to "#Doctor" quality level, but I'm happy with the beginnings considering Im working out of my living room...

It's official. The P99RS is out and the new digital setup is on its way in. First up, I had to disassemble the trunk in order to reconfigure some wiring and to find a suitable home for the processor. The board was carpeted and pre-drilled for Hex cap bolts and lock nuts all around. To mount the panel to the trunk, I used (3) 1/4-20 bolts and lock nuts to secure it to the chassis.

I rand 2 new optical cables and a 6 conductor cable for the DSP remote controller.

I realized I never posted the more recent updates. The Zed amps were removed and replaced with Mosconi AS series amplifiers. I also changed out the source unit to an Alpine D800 single din fold out which is their flagship model overseas (not available for sale in the states). I also added an Alpine H800 dsp and C800 RUX controller. The signal is now passed via optical digital from the D800 and volume can be controlled by the head unit as well as through the steering wheel controls via an Axxess interface unit.

The Mosconi amps got a little cosmetic upgrade. I spent many, many hours hand wet-sanding and polishing them. To my knowledge, I'm the only one out there with polished Mosconi AS amps thus far. I like the look of them for sure.

I also updated the LEDs to RGB so I can adjust the color output as needed.

In addition, my friend Mark Worrell built an insane front subwoofer enclosure to integrate a Stereo Integrity BM mkIV sub into the dash. It takes up zero room in the footwell and is behind the glovebox door for total stealth.

The subwoofer has 3 steel brackets which are secured to 3 steel mounting points in the vehicle. It's incredibly solid and transfers the subwoofers energy well to the chassis. This is a 12" subwoofer and it can play to 20hz flat in car. Ridiculous. It's a shallow mount unit and very low distortion design as well, but the craziest thing is that it can do all this in a miniscule 0.5 cubic foot enclosure. Ridiculous!

With the glovebox door down/removed, you can see the enclosure loaded into the dash.

This car now has excellent up front bass for SQ competition. The SI BM mkIV is a little marvel. It continually impresses me by how clean and especially how low it can play. It's not a monster for spl output, but for SQ, it's the best subwoofer I've used. That's saying something considering it's a shallow mount sub designed for a tiny box. I may pick up another pair to integrate in the trunk for extra volume on the street. You wont get nicer quality bass, so you may as well add more of them to get more of that goodness. For $300 a pop, you cna get 2 of them for the price of a JL 13TW5 which is the next best in line. With 2 BM mkIV's you get much deeper frequency response, lower distortion and much more output. Can't beat it !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.