MB Quarts PSD-216 or Polk DB Components??

TundraGuy916
10+ year member

Alright guys, its me again.. here's my new dilema. I'm unsure if I should keep my MB Quart PSD 216 Component speakers in my truck (which are 2 1/2 years old) or get new Polk DB6500 components instead. The thing is, I have to buy new crossovers for my MB Quarts (they were stolen out of my truck), and just dont know if I should get the crossovers or just get a whole new set all together. I noticed the Polks DB6500 were only about $120 on eBay. Also, FYI, I will be running these on a new Alpine 4 channel MRV-F345 Amp. Which do you think will sound better in my truck with my JL audio 10 inch sub???

All in nut shell: MB Quarts PSD's or Polk DB6500??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

if you went with the polk dbs you would be downgrading. The only polks worth getting imo are the sr's. Never cared for the dbs, nor the momos.

Keep the Quarts...they are stellar speakers. Perhaps look into crossing them over actively. The move to Polk DB would be a downgrade in performance and quality IMHO.

Thanks guys for all your help.. I'll be sticking with my MB Quarts for sure...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

if you went with the polk dbs you would be downgrading. The only polks worth getting imo are the sr's. Never cared for the dbs, nor the momos.
Have you ever even heard the MOMO's?

I highly recomend the MOMO's. I've had the PSD series and the MOMO and still to this day I think the MOMO's were some of the best speakers I've ever used! Amazing sound quality and built like a rock. I highly recomend it.

-Nick-

I highly recomend the MOMO's. I've had the PSD series and the MOMO and still to this day I think the MOMO's were some of the best speakers I've ever used! Amazing sound quality and built like a rock. I highly recomend it.

-Nick-
Ive sold the momos, and heard them just about every day. Im not impressed by them at all. Like i said the srs are good, but ive never cared for the momos. I wouldnt have made that statement if i havent heard them;)

Ive sold the momos, and heard them just about every day. Im not impressed by them at all. Like i said the srs are good, but ive never cared for the momos. I wouldnt have made that statement if i havent heard them;)
Cool...fair fair...Just 3/4's of the people on here claim they've heard something they never have!

-Nick-

I guess it reall just depends on what your ears like. LOL. I have never heard MB Quartz before but I have heard nothing but good things about them. As for me I love the way the polks sound. I am sold on those speakers. They are sweet in all aspects. Going to add some polk tweets before too long because of a upgrade in the sub stage.

-Nick-
I would agree. I have heard MB quarts P... and R..., but chose to go with the Polk and am VERY HAPPY.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah i just got my momo's installed, and their seeing 150w a piece....nothing special, its one of those things you get what you pay for, but nothing more. So they are probably slightly above average in that price range....but i def wouldn't go from those mb's to polk.....thad be very very disapointing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TundraGuy916

10+ year member
TundraGuy916
Sacramento, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from