MB quarts refference amp line

cea complaint just means it does rated at 4ohm which isnt very difficult... but ide like to see what it clamps at 1ohm
I can't do one ohm unless i can find a high power 1 ohm resister laying around the lab at work,but Id rather do the test on a reactive load though.

Also say the amp puts out 1k at 14.4 on bass drops your going down lets say 13.8 that is already watts gone, now your volume even at max before distortion will not give you full watts for your voltage more gone. Then box rise has to be understood and there goes some more watts. Finally you have to throw in your wiring quality and thicknesses and realize this may cause some loss of watts too. When it comes down to it headroom is a very good thing to have.

Also say the amp puts out 1k at 14.4 on bass drops your going down lets say 13.8 that is already watts gone, now your volume even at max before distortion will not give you full watts for your voltage more gone. Then box rise has to be understood and there goes some more watts. Finally you have to throw in your wiring quality and thicknesses and realize this may cause some loss of watts too. When it comes down to it headroom is a very good thing to have.
With that being said, do you think the AQ750 will be enough for an OA 12? Im guessing there underrated

But then again with my Memphis on it i had it set for around 750wrms and it sounded great, so im thinking the AQ750 will be sufficent

I cant really think of anything else thats in my size limit for 200 new. Wanted to go higher quality then audiopipe or mb quarts, and i want new lol

With that being said, do you think the AQ750 will be enough for an OA 12? Im guessing there underrated
But then again with my Memphis on it i had it set for around 750wrms and it sounded great, so im thinking the AQ750 will be sufficent

I cant really think of anything else thats in my size limit for 200 new. Wanted to go higher quality then audiopipe or mb quarts, and i want new lol
if your in no rush 300 dollars can buy you very high quality amps in that power range. But the aq will do nicely.

MB Quart ONX 1500D is about $170, good amp.
Was trying to do a bit better quality, thats why im searching the 800rms zone(higher quality cost more obviously)

Trying not to downgrade so looking for something of memphis quality or better

Was trying to do a bit better quality, thats why im searching the 800rms zone(higher quality cost more obviously)
Trying not to downgrade so looking for something of memphis quality or better
Generally the more headroom you have, the less distortion you have, and more efficient. The Discus, Onyx, and Q series amps are good quality amps that do more then rated without clipping. Spending more for a better name isnt going to really make a difference in your case. Getting an 800w amp and stressing it to its max is going to have more distortion and be less efficient unless you get a REALLY good and expensive amp. And at that point, the difference would be minimal.

Ive heard there ok amps but not anything special, just buget stuff that does rated. From what ive read AQ amp are pretty good stuff
But that cadence is a bit to long for the space i have. Only other amp im really looking at is the Massive Audio N2, but i dont know how good they are

Cadence should do rated if not very close to it.. had the ZRS 15002 slammed the he|| out of my skar bridged at 4ohms.

Generally the more headroom you have, the less distortion you have, and more efficient. The Discus, Onyx, and Q series amps are good quality amps that do more then rated without clipping. Spending more for a better name isnt going to really make a difference in your case. Getting an 800w amp and stressing it to its max is going to have more distortion and be less efficient unless you get a REALLY good and expensive amp. And at that point, the difference would be minimal.
I agree with this. Right now I have a MB Quart onyx 1500 powering one sundown sa-8 and it works out great and I know for sure I'm not clipping.

You think running the AQ at its rms is going to be maxing it out? 750 is plenty for my OA

Lol and im not "spending more for a name" its AQ not JL dude there a tiny company, its higher grade then maxxsonics

Anyone else agree with this? Looks like i found some cash so ill be ordering soon. I still could go with the ONYX1000(i only need 750-800wrms and the 1000 is shorter which i need)

Last edited by a moderator:
You think running the AQ at its rms is going to be maxing it out? 750 is plenty for my OA
Lol and im not "spending more for a name" its AQ not JL dude there a tiny company, its higher grade then maxxsonics

Anyone else agree with this? Looks like i found some cash so ill be ordering soon. I still could go with the ONYX1000(i only need 750-800wrms and the 1000 is shorter which i need)
Doesnt matter if its a smaller company. AQ, Sundown, Crescendo, etc.. all really small companies which are better since they focus more on quality then quantity. But the point is Id still rather have a ton of headroom then putting the amp at max, or near max. I like to have at least 25% of headroom, but thats a personal prefrence. More headroom = longer lasting (as long as its not complete cheap garbage). Just because something is cheaper, doesnt mean its not good. Most of Maxxsonics is cheap, but they have a few good lines that there is no point in ignoring based on name.

Why not get the extra power now for possible future use?

Doesnt matter if its a smaller company. AQ, Sundown, Crescendo, etc.. all really small companies which are better since they focus more on quality then quantity. But the point is Id still rather have a ton of headroom then putting the amp at max, or near max. I like to have at least 25% of headroom, but thats a personal prefrence. More headroom = longer lasting (as long as its not complete cheap garbage). Just because something is cheaper, doesnt mean its not good. Most of Maxxsonics is cheap, but they have a few good lines that there is no point in ignoring based on name.
Why not get the extra power now for possible future use?
After thinking it over i decided i do need more power. But i think im going with an AQ1200 there $270, think there worth the extra coin?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.