Memphis audio SCREWED me!

Dude, Dodge City Kansas just called, they want their village idiot back..... what goes around comes around son. I am sure it is going exactly how you want.... or is it..... Contact one of the guys that you have been given the names of to have your amp repaired. At that, I will excuse myself, I don't need to deal with someone who can't see past the end of his nose.

Memphis just wants to wreak profit..obviously if they only want to accept things from a retailer that sells them for a premium instead of online where the real deals are..if u ask me that's what i thinks going on..a slick rip off
So you are against employed people at shops or what? There are reasons to why items on-line are cheaper..everything from transhipped goods/items bought from a store or a chain of stores bought on discount/B stock/can be used for all YOU know, hell it could even be fake. On line dealers also DO not have the investment in YOUR community and MANY times they do not have the items they have listed in stock.

Its going EXACTLY the way I wanted it to go!! Look how many of you are reading this and telling me how you feel?! With any luck you're telling other ppl about it too and then all of them,(if they're not brain dead) will know just how bad of a decision it is to try to deal with memphis audio!! to everyone that agrees, GOOD FOR YOU! all of you who dont get it thats fine, and forbidden your now excused, now that I see your from canada, that explians it all!!

Not sure if you know this but Memphis has been around for a long time.

And they sale other items.

A set of 3 1/2 PR's on a bike with their cousin the Brain Bucket.

l_f937acf43fe3176e1f8b400b61d273d7.jpg

For the folks that bought amps from me , it would be warrantied ! They would have to ship to me and id send it out . You just need to have a reputable seller !
so if i read this right Corey, you said your a Memphis dealer who sells products and if they have a problem with it they have to ship it tol you and you send it out? so in essence aren't you transshipping? how can you be a reputable seller if your transshipping?

as for Memphis not wanting to fix anything purchased online. with all the Knock offs going around they'd be taking a risk. who's to say it isn't the guts of sometthing else in a memphis chasis? i've seen that happen before.

i have to say, i hear this alot as an authorized dealer. i find it funny that your toppic states that they screwed you, when you screwed yourself. as well as, you stated that the economy is bad, but you were willing to pay to have it fixed..........but you decided to gamble your money online. as far as them knowing where it came from, ALL manufactures can tell you where every-one of their products were shipped to and what company signed for them, so even if you told them some story about you lost the recipt or what ever, you more than likely could not tell them where it came from. memphis will not repair something of theirs that was not bought from one of their dealers for the simple reason, THEY WILL NOT WARRANTY PRODUCTS BOUGHT ONLINE, if they REPAIR it then it must be covered under a new warranty. this goes for all manufacters. JL audio being the biggest audio company to tell you it's your problem. several guys on here have your only option, someone whom does in house repairs, just know that it will not be the same parts memphis or whoever's parts. i have been know to send my own amps of, brand new, to a repair shop, to have them beefed up.............so remember, BUYER BEWARE

Memphis won't even talk to you if you didn't purchase your amplifier from one of their dealers, period! Even the dealer won't be able to help you out on that one, even if you happen to be good friends with the owner and the manager. I found that out the hard way by making a couple of unauthorized BNIB Memphis purchases that arrived DOA. At least UPS insurance took care of me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Don't get me wrong, I really like how Memphis supports their dealers BUT I want to know how Woofers Etc. obtained stacks and stacks of Memphis 500 and 1000 watt Class D amps that they blew out last summer? There is no way you are going to tell me a shady distributor was able to obtain that much "unauthroized" product in one shot. If I had to venture to guess, Woofers Etc. probably purchased the Memphis old stock for a little more than cost from Memphis themselves. Think about it, Memphis doesn't lose a fortune on the old stock AND they washed their hands of all product liability. Talk about having your cake and eating it too if it really went down that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
i can anwser that question as well...............what they do is, ready, buy them online........they buy them in bulk, and increase the profit to over 100%. most, i can not say all, but most of them are not true memphis, they are only memphis cones. alot of online retailers buy broken equiptment, have them serviced or repaired, and you the consumer are the ones who pay the price for it. i understand that money is tight with most people, myself included, and people turn to the cheapest was to get something. let me put it to you this way. if you had a child that was very ill with , we'll say cancer, would you find the cheapest doc to go see, or would you be shopping around for the person who will give you the best chance for life? i mean, if you liked the products so much, and decided to under-hand them, do you really think they are going to pat you on the back and say good job. thanks for taking food off of my kids plate? memphis is the 3rd oldest car audio company, period. they were the FIRST to sell subwoofers specificly for your car. DELCO will be your first in car audio, though. i think alot of people need to step out of the box and think what they would do in their shoes, would you rapair something and give a warranty to someone who DID NOT BUY FROM YOU?

LISTEN!! To ALL who disagree, First I am NOT asking for warranty. 2nd, Why shouldnt they fix it? if i bought a chevy pick up that was 10 years old from an online seller, I can guarantee my local chevy garage would NOT turn me down for repairs!! The people who are disagreeing are probably small, no-name shops that are being killed by internet sales, Maybe if you spent more time building a website and less time on forums telling everyone how close-minded you were, you could make a little money(forbidden) And Lastly, When I called Memphis back and LIED about where I bought it and told them I had a receipt, They were STILL gonna make me pay $100 for the repair, so dont tell me they EVER fix for free.
i agree with you the same can be said for other products, i bought a xbox360 off ebay and when it got the red ring they fixed it, for a fee of course

The dealers that have Memphis in the showrooms will live and die by their products because of the support they get from the company ! Cant fault a company for standing behind their supporters !
**** Memphis then. If their honor is to the retailers and retailers only, **** them. Their honor should be with the end consumer..

Can guarantee I'm not buying **** from Memphis since they're all about the retailer and not about me. I buy from companies with customer service!

i have to say, i hear this alot as an authorized dealer. i find it funny that your toppic states that they screwed you, when you screwed yourself. as well as, you stated that the economy is bad, but you were willing to pay to have it fixed..........but you decided to gamble your money online. as far as them knowing where it came from, ALL manufactures can tell you where every-one of their products were shipped to and what company signed for them, so even if you told them some story about you lost the recipt or what ever, you more than likely could not tell them where it came from. memphis will not repair something of theirs that was not bought from one of their dealers for the simple reason, THEY WILL NOT WARRANTY PRODUCTS BOUGHT ONLINE, if they REPAIR it then it must be covered under a new warranty. this goes for all manufacters. JL audio being the biggest audio company to tell you it's your problem. several guys on here have your only option, someone whom does in house repairs, just know that it will not be the same parts memphis or whoever's parts. i have been know to send my own amps of, brand new, to a repair shop, to have them beefed up.............so remember, BUYER BEWARE
i can anwser that question as well...............what they do is, ready, buy them online........they buy them in bulk, and increase the profit to over 100%. most, i can not say all, but most of them are not true memphis, they are only memphis cones. alot of online retailers buy broken equiptment, have them serviced or repaired, and you the consumer are the ones who pay the price for it. i understand that money is tight with most people, myself included, and people turn to the cheapest was to get something. let me put it to you this way. if you had a child that was very ill with , we'll say cancer, would you find the cheapest doc to go see, or would you be shopping around for the person who will give you the best chance for life? i mean, if you liked the products so much, and decided to under-hand them, do you really think they are going to pat you on the back and say good job. thanks for taking food off of my kids plate? memphis is the 3rd oldest car audio company, period. they were the FIRST to sell subwoofers specificly for your car. DELCO will be your first in car audio, though. i think alot of people need to step out of the box and think what they would do in their shoes, would you rapair something and give a warranty to someone who DID NOT BUY FROM YOU?

I think this is the reason why many people have turned to buying from online companies now like sundown,Audioque,RD,T3, Tc Sounds/Audiopulse because of the great warranty they offer, and the pricing. Direct sales marketing cuts out the retailer and gives direct customer service straight from the manufacter. Even Jl audio has taken this approach, even they would have atleast fixed the broken equipment for a price. with any company the customer should be the main approach and if the product is good and the price is appealing, then the product will sell itself. Memphis has good products but their instore mark up is rediculous, Which is why people would rather take the risk and buy from online retailers. The price is good and they offer warranty through their company.

i like what memphis is doing with standing behind there dealers i wish more co's would do this so the brick and morter shops stay.
What? Stay? So they can get a $125 amp and resell it for $500? I've calculated markup for my local shops and some items are as high as 500%! Worse than car dealerships!

I don't want stores like that to stay. Any company who is propping up such a crooked business model deserves to go away too. This isn't the 80's, the internet is here with low overhead and fair pricing. If companies don't want to play fair, they should disappear.

I think this is the reason why many people have turned to buying from online companies now like sundown,Audioque,RD,T3, Tc Sounds/Audiopulse because of the great warranty they offer, and the pricing. Direct sales marketing cuts out the retailer and gives direct customer service straight from the manufacter. Even Jl audio has taken this approach, even they would have atleast fixed the broken equipment for a price. with any company the customer should be the main approach and if the product is good and the price is appealing, then the product will sell itself. Memphis has good products but their instore mark up is rediculous, Which is why people would rather take the risk and buy from online retailers. The price is good and they offer warranty through their company.

correct it is offered through their company, not the manufacter. they do in-house repairs, just spoke to both my memephis, JL, eclipse, autopage reps within the last 2.5 weeks. autopage is the only one that will fix it without buying it from a dealer. JL, for your info, DOES have a repair price guide, but right on the front cover it states, "must have original receipt from autherized dealer"

What? Stay? So they can get a $125 amp and resell it for $500? I've calculated markup for my local shops and some items are as high as 500%! Worse than car dealerships!
I don't want stores like that to stay. Any company who is propping up such a crooked business model deserves to go away too. This isn't the 80's, the internet is here with low overhead and fair pricing. If companies don't want to play fair, they should disappear.
so, why are you blamming the company, i guess i am lost......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

if your LOCAL dealer has that large of a mark up, it is them, not the company. my company has been up and running since 1972. customer service and fair prices are what keeps a buisness going. dont take it out on the manufacter. just out of curiousity, can you let me know what they are selling a PRD1.1000 for, thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.