Memphis crossover question......

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slammer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
I was at a local dealer checking out a pair of M Class 6.5s. The guy points out that the M Class are coax, but come with a crossover. I thought this was huge, since I could get them for the same price as the Power Reference component set, but not have to worry with the install of the tweeters. We pulled the box out and I was checking the spec sheet. When looking at the specs for the crossover, I see that the xover for the tweeters was 5k hz and up. However, the spec sheet showed that the xover for the 6.5 was "all pass". Could this be correct, and why would the xover allow all of the higher frequencies to go through the 6.5? I expected that all frequencies below 5k hz would allowed through, not all frequencies. Or does this not make a difference in SQ? With that being the case, and the PR series components the same price, shoud I go with them instead?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.