MikeyB's Project Cougar - Back To The Audio

MikeyB
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Addict ®
H-Town, MI
Well Ive been out of the game for a while now and Ive been getting eager to put some audio back in the car. Even though I have a million other things to do I figured it wouldnt hurt to spoil myself a little bit and actually get some use out of some of the **** that I have. Im not planning on putting anything crazy in this car, just looking to make a nice simple setup that leaves me the option of sliding the sub box in and out if needed.

Equipment run down is as follows:

HU: Alpine 9887 Running Active

Mids: 4 6.5" ID OEM's

Tweeters: CDT TW-25's (Upgrading to ID's)

Front Stage Amps: Kicker KX 450 & 250

Subs: 2 12" RD Audio Alpha V2's

Sub Amp: Kicker KX 2500

I still need to pick up some interior pieces for the car, finish doing the body work and put the rear shocks on so its ready to be driven for the winter. Hopefully I can manage to tackle most of that this weekend. Then I can order the recones for the subs.

alphamotors005.jpg

alphamotors004.jpg

Doors002-1.jpg

Update3005-1.jpg

Caps001.jpg

Done025.jpg

Heres what Ive been doing to the car lately.

Before

Update012-1.jpg

After

rust006-5.jpg

Shaved Antenna

shave018.jpg

Shaved Gas Door

shave007-1.jpg

shave001-2.jpg

shave007-2.jpg

Shaved Emblems

shave001.jpg

shave002.jpg

shave007.jpg

And Shaved Trunk Key

shave002-3.jpg

Suspension Parts

parts020.jpg

Oil Filter Relocation

stainless002.jpg

The door panels that I had glassed but am no longer going to use.

doors010-6.jpg

Very nice. I still love the look of how you painted my old amp.
Thanks man. Still havent even had a chance to use it much! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Really nice work................on EVERYTHING. Good to see someone with total knowledge of a vehicle. Did you ever consider getting a worn out Lincoln Mark VIII and using it as a donor car for a DOHC 4.6 swap?

Thanks man. Still havent even had a chance to use it much! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I sure have a huge need for it right now.

Everything looks good Mikey, glad to see you back on the saddle, lol.
Yeah me too lol.

Really nice work................on EVERYTHING. Good to see someone with total knowledge of a vehicle. Did you ever consider getting a worn out Lincoln Mark VIII and using it as a donor car for a DOHC 4.6 swap?
Thanks, I dont think I do too bad for just turning 21. I can definitely use as much practice on anything that I can get my hands on. Ive thought about a DOHC swap, but I think Im going to save that for another car (red 96 t-bird) and put a roots blower on it..hehehe..

The motor in this car was mostly built by my uncle, as I stood by helping with anything I could. Its a sohc 4.6 with PI pistons, heads, cams and intake. With the help of an awesome guy that my uncle had working for him (whom Im EXTREMELY grateful for)they stuffed the motor in the car. The transmission is a 99-00 model 4R70W that came out of a crown vic with low miles (~30k), with a high spec shift kit that I installed. It also has a 3000 stall converter in it. Completely different car after the swap, its amazing. I just cant wait to finish doing everything else with it.

I sure have a huge need for it right now.
So do I now, finally! hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.