Mounting Amp

Irish 1

La
Hey I have a Ford Ranger and I wanted to mount my amp on the bottom of my bucket seat in the back, but the amp is too big. So now I guess I have to mount it to the floor board. I really dont want to, but i guess its my only choice. I am planning on putting 2 self tapping screws through the floor board and putting a washer on each side of the screw (1 on top and 1 under floor board). And tightning it with a lug bult. Does this sound decent? Any better ideas?

Don't mount the amp directly to metal. Mount it on a piece of MDF.
Oops. Sorry. I dont know why I said I would be pulling up the carpet. Thats wrong

The amp will sit on the carpet not the actual floor board. Should I mount the MDF to the floor board and the amp to the MDF? Os it the amp on the carpet ok? And particle board instead of MFD should be fine right?

Thanks

Oops. Sorry. I dont know why I said I would be pulling up the carpet. Thats wrong
The amp will sit on the carpet not the actual floor board. Should I mount the MDF to the floor board and the amp to the MDF? Os it the amp on the carpet ok? And particle board instead of MFD should be fine right?

Thanks
I would mount the MDF or particle board, either is fine, to the carpet. Then mount the amp on the board. You don't want the mounting screws of the amp to contact the metal chassis of the car.

I would mount the MDF or particle board, either is fine, to the carpet. Then mount the amp on the board. You don't want the mounting screws of the amp to contact the metal chassis of the car.
why not? not saying you're wrong, but i've done it a few times with no problem.

that can only help ground your amp the chasis/heatsink even more...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

the only problem i could think of with that would be hooking up a hot power wire to your amp and accidently touching the frame... but you shouldn't be hooking hot wires up to your amp anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.