Mounting Amp

jshak07
10+ year member

148.4 and climbing
louisville
Am in the process of building an amp rack but due to lack of space it is not easy. Tried searching and it keeps freezing the forum up. So what is the pros/cons of mounting an amp the a box? Here is the box..

SDC10018.jpg

The amp is a Saz-3000 and sub is 15" Nightshade. Was considering mounting the amp the the back inbetween the seats.

Opinions?

Oh no i will help build a rack to space it between the seats and the box when you come over tomorrow would hate to see it get hurt due to excessive vibration...

back of the seat should be fine. I'm not a fan of drilling extra holes in a box to mount an amp to it
As it is a split bench fold down and the length of the beast it would have to spand both seats i dont think mounting it to the seats would work all that great..

Oh no i will help build a rack to space it between the seats and the box when you come over tomorrow would hate to see it get hurt due to excessive vibration...
The amp will vibrate just as much if it's mounted on an amp rack as if mounted on the seat... just use rubber feet.

As it is a split bench fold down and the length of the beast it would have to spand both seats i dont think mounting it to the seats would work all that great..

I had the same issue in my car, I just screwed the amp down so that the 2 back seats were locked together so it was essentially a single folding seat.

Will see where me and Darren get tomorrow on the amp rack because I think that would look better but may just stick it to the box using something like rubber feet like mentioned. Anybody else?

i just see some one ripping one side down not paying attention and not knowing..
This isnt an option. In my last install I had a board screwed into the seats making them like one, my cousin grabbed one side and pulled it down while the other side was still locked, and ripped it right out. Not risking it with this beast! Thanks tho

i just see some one ripping one side down not paying attention and not knowing..
Mount it to a nice peace of MDF with some rubber feet on the back of those seats and be sure to tie all of the cables down with enough slack to prevent them from coming loose if the seats were to be folded down....

I personally have never had problem with vibrations destroying my amps, but I also have never had an amp for more than 2 years, so....

I'm always on the more cautious side. Epically when it comes to a $600 dollar peace of equipment.
ummm $800
fixed it for you!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If your box isnt strong enough, put a couple threaded rods through it, fiberglass the inside of it, then make mounting feet out of 1/2" MDF to mount the amp on.

When thats all done, the box will be the only thing in the car NOT vibrating.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.