My 2dr Blazer Build

Joebobclark
10+ year member

Your Moms New Boyfriend
So, I have had the custom Adire/Sundown/PSI Brahmas built for awhile now (see build here), so I needed to get them into use....

I have been working on this for about 2 weeks already, so it will be a slow build. I maybe get an hour or two per weekday evening and a few hours a day on the weekend to work on it. Thats why I held off starting the build log until I had some stuff to show! lol..

Finished up Stage 1 of the build today, Sound Deadening... This truck was a tin can, road noise was crazy loud and everything rattled. I dont think I'll have either of those problems anymore... Or atleast I hope not....

On with the pictures...

Started cleaning the truck out, had most of the accumulated gear in the back, and its going to be walled off, so the back seat will be no more (they were pretty useless anyway).

Gutted the rest of the way

Then I expanding foamed the gaps and coated the inside with Second Skin Spectrum.

Then I had some AlphaDamp that I won awhile back, so I put it to good use... Used it on the roof and doors mainly and a little on the tailgate...

My headliner had some grease stains on it (no idea how they got up there, lol) so I redid it while I had it out...

But before that went back in, the whole roof got a layer of 3/16" CCF...

Then the floor got a complete covering of MLV.... 1lb per sqft, should keep it quiet, lol...

Then I got the wiring for power/ground and the front stage laid in...

Just a little bit of wire, lol...

Then got the front carpet back in...

Thats about all for now... I did also get a new 2way alarm in to replace my "remote start only" unit. No pictures of that though

Not much of an update... but got a few more things done...

Rest of the interior is mostly in....

Then got some CT Sounds Super Tweets mounted in the stock dash location... Not sure if these will be necessary, but I'll put them in now and disconnect or attenuate them as needed...

Now you see them....

Now you don't!

She is drivable once again, so I have been taking it back and forth to work, to see how all that work paid off (or not, lol)....Truck is 1000% quieter now, hardly any rattles or road noise, even with only the console and driver seat in (its like a cave in there)... No more "tin can" "hollow" sounding panels... Tap on the roof or sides and all you get is a "thud" lol...

Hopefully more to come for the weekend!

Little more progress today on a couple things....

Couldn't find any underhood fuse holder options that I liked.... so I made my own, lol...

Started with a project box we had at the shop

And some white lexan scraps

Had some standard ANL fuse holders.. . Then I mounted them to the lexan scraps that I cut down and shaped...

Plasti dipped the holders and the lower part of the box. Then mounted some LEDs under the lexan to light it up a little, lol..

I'll hopefully get this installed tomorrow and get some more pictures then... I also made/have enough parts for another one just like this... not sure if I will use it before my rear battery... will see how that works out when the time comes, lol.

Also got the mount plate for my A pillars laid out and made...

Running a Crescendo RTS silk dome and a FitalPRO 4" in each pillar, and I used some Kicker DS series 4" grills that I ground off the Kicker logo and plasti dipped...

Plan is to work on some fiberglassing tomorrow. I was going to start today, but I found out the Crescendo PWX 6's I want to run in my kick panels, aren't going to fit without some work to the Q Logic kicks I have... So I will hopefully get the A pillars started and modify the Q Logics and get the fuse box under the hood...

Small update.....

I got the fuse box placed under the hood and connected to my battery, using my awesome ToolMaker terminals.... Just beautiful pieces of machined aluminum that function perfectly...

THEN.... I remembered how much I hate fiberglassing, lol... But they should turn out OK...

Didn't take many "during" pictures for fiberglass and sanding, since it make me so ANGRY!!!! lol...

But they are drying tonight with a coat of bondo on them... more sanding and filling tomorrow, YIPPY!!! lol

More to come, as soon as I can... getting tired of listening to Pandora on my phone (using the phone speaker) while I drive... Need. More. Bass. lol

Great start man.

If you plan on getting pretty loud, you're going to have to figure something out with the roof, more than you did. Trust me lol.

Great start man.
If you plan on getting pretty loud, you're going to have to figure something out with the roof, more than you did. Trust me lol.
Thanks.

I think she will be alright //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hoping for a 150+ on the 2500w or so that I have....

Well, its taking a little longer than I thought to get this going... but I have some new progress to share!

Got the pillars glassed, filled and sanded. Then primed them up.

Then used SEM Factory Texture coat and Classic Interior Color, to get them back to a stock look....

Them loaded them up with the FaitalPRO's and Crescendo RTS tweets... Look great to me!

Then I started on the kicks. I had a pair of Qlogic kicks to start with, but the PWX 6's wouldn't fit without some modification...

Hope to get some work finished on these today...

Also started on the support structure/false floor for the rear. The wall will sit on top of this...

More to come on this...

And a pic of my new shifter... cause its b@dass and I love it.

So, finally got a chance to upload more photos and give a little update...

Got the PWX 6's mounted in my doors..

Finished up the kick panels and got them filled and mounted...

Got the false floor structure and some of the floor done....

And I started making a holder/mount for my tablet that Im going to use to control the Soundstream Harmony DSP/EQ/Crossover I plan on using to control the system..

Going to be mounted on the front of center console, where the cupholders are... More to come on this....

Small update.....
I got the fuse box placed under the hood and connected to my battery, using my awesome ToolMaker terminals.... Just beautiful pieces of machined aluminum that function perfectly...

THEN.... I remembered how much I hate fiberglassing, lol... But they should turn out OK...

Didn't take many "during" pictures for fiberglass and sanding, since it make me so ANGRY!!!! lol...

But they are drying tonight with a coat of bondo on them... more sanding and filling tomorrow, YIPPY!!! lol

More to come, as soon as I can... getting tired of listening to Pandora on my phone (using the phone speaker) while I drive... Need. More. Bass. lol
where you get those ring terminals?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.