My subs ain't subbing no more. Help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Name'sDEEZ

CarAudio.com Regular
Earth
Yo i need some help. I'm getting a mental block on determining the problem. I was driving back home and i hit a dip on the road that made me bounce and made my amp cut out.

I checked it and all connections are fine. I put the multimeter and im only getting 3 to 4 volts on power and remote wires.

I checked fuse by the battery and it was good but still i swapped it since its been there for a while.

What else can i do before opening it up?
Thanks in advance.

Update: i got it to power on but it cut out when the bass got to heavy.

Yo i need some help. I'm getting a mental block on determining the problem. I was driving back home and i hit a dip on the road that made me bounce and made my amp cut out.

I checked it and all connections are fine. I put the multimeter and im only getting 3 to 4 volts on power and remote wires.

I checked fuse by the battery and it was good but still i swapped it since its been there for a while.

What else can i do before opening it up?
Thanks in advance.

Update: i got it to power on but it cut out when the bass got to heavy.

Check your voltage on each side of the fuse holder.

I hooked up another amp and no work. The power led is on but dim @Bobbytwonames @SlugButter @1aespinoza
Is the battery terminal clean? You have refreshed fuses and connections so only thing left is that terminal and ground point. If it is a car/suv, I suggest running a ground from the engine block to a strut tower.
What do you mean disconnect? So i would only be testing ground?
What I meant is disconnecting the amp and testing the bare wires with the MM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...