Need advise.

Participant count
  • Participant list

gmctrucks
10+ year member

Hello members I have a older Alpine a CDE-9874 on my old 93 ext/cab truck im running 4x6 speakers on the dash and on the back panels, and some cheap powered bass cannon. My question is should I have a Alpine 4 channel amp installed or does the radio have enough power Apline rates the radio at 45x4 or 16 x 4 watts? Im also thinking of installing a MTX amp to power a 12" MTX bass speaker that I have in a box. The amps were connected to a Kenwood head unit I had in a Burb I had and they sounded good.

I mostly use my head unit to hear music off of my I-Pod. It's been a while since I messed with installing amps I think im going to pay to get the work done. Oh I also have a electronic MTX crossover to adjust the sounds of the speakers I think it controls three sets of speakers. Should I have it installed?

Thanks! Roland

Say guys im still lost should I connect the amp to my 4x6 speakers to Alpine head unit or does it have enough power? I want clean sound with no distortion I sure hope someone can help me. What gauge wire will work to hook up my MTX amp for my bass 12" speaker.

What 4x6's are you running? Unless they are high end I wouldnt say a 4 channel amp would be needed in your situation. Unless you already have it, then I would use it. If you do, use caution with your gains. And when hooking up your amp/amps use at least 4ga. 8ga and below will work but if youre gonna do it do it right.

Im running JBL in the back and some MA Audio that I just installed which sound better than some MTX I had up front. I think im going to use the med grade wire. Also im useing my stock wires on the speakers should I run better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.