Need Components for Focus

moval0890
10+ year member

Just received a 2007 Ford Focus and after having my last car decent with equipment, I need to wipe out all the stock speakers and HU in the Focus to give it a better sound.

I currently have a DEI amp running 50x4 @4ohms and 75x4 @ 2ohms that would be used(I don't know how 4 channels work regarding OHMS compared to how subs work). I'm leaning towards running a pair of front components off the amp and then back coax running off the HU(idk if the HU would power them good enough?) Stock size is 6x8 on all 4 and all located in the door. What kind of speakers should I get? Budget is $200 for all 4 speakers.

I was leaning towards buying the Sony WX-GT77UI 2din off Sonic for $180 since I need a ipod adapter hook up anyway so I might as well just get a more powerful HU for about $100 more at the same time. Good choice?

Do I get OHMS of the speakers the same as OHMS of the 4 channel once I find a wattage that works? For example, I would try to get 4 ohm speakers at 50rms since my amp is 50rms at 4 ohms.

And if I were to bridge my 4channel what would that leave the wattage and ohms on each channel then?

Reason I'm double checking is because I know subs are different and change depending on voice coils and etc.

if ur amp is 50rms @ 4 ohm x4, then it is a higher wattage at 2 ohm x4. if u bridge to make a 2 channel amp, it would be a 4 ohm impedance and 100rms x2

The Hertz HSK's that mclerico linked are really nice. You should consider bridging your amp for power. If you still want coaxials for the rear fill, you can pick up an inexpensive pair at any time.

As far as the cd player is concerned, you should probably take a look at some Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine or Eclipse units. Eclipse has some fantastic units that're cheap due to the company leaving the car audio scene. The Eclipse CD5100 can be had for around $200.

so when I connect speakers to my 4channel, are the impedance the same on both devices..i.e 4ohms speakers=4 ohms amp connection
Dude, seriously?

4 ohm speakers = 4 ohm load

2 ohm speakers = 2 ohm load

How is this confusing?

yep each speaker connects 2 a channel

Kenwood kdc-x794 like new in the box!!!

deck like this has higher voltage out and much more eq options

speakers are single coil one pos one negative, when u hook up all the speakers to the crossover they will be hooked up 2gether at 4 ohm, there will be clear instruction the crossover will have one terminal marked as line in, that goes to amp, then tweeter and woofer, its simple

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.