Need help on a simple setup(amp related)

garlickk

i currently have a kenwood x895 HU, got a pair of polk audio DB651 coaxial speakers on the way. i am planning to get a Alpine SWR-1243d sub, but i do not know which amp is decent with this combo. i want to keep everything simple and not too crazy! what kind of amp should i get? thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you're looking to keep it really simple and use one amp to run the coaxils and subwoofer, you can get a 4 channel. Run the coax off of 2 channels and bridged the other 2 for the subwoofer. If you're running the coax off headunit power, a decent mono amp is what you need.

If you're looking to keep it really simple and use one amp to run the coaxils and subwoofer, you can get a 4 channel. Run the coax off of 2 channels and bridged the other 2 for the subwoofer. If you're running the coax off headunit power, a decent mono amp is what you need.
Thanks, which is better? Running the coaxial thru the HU or an amp? I want the best quality for my setup I am going to have, but simple! What amp do you recommend?

those new speakers will be a big let down if you don't amp them properly! Don't even try the HU route you will be waisting your time there's just not enough power to be had there to get the speakers to really come to life. Hu are only good for stock speakers or other REALLY low powered aftermarkets.

To be honest u need a real big 4 channel to run that sub at least 500 watts from the back 2 channels. Crescendo makes a c1100.4 but that will kill ur mids in the front 2 channels. Just something To think about as well is ur trying to an a or a/b amp to work and they normally get real hot when u demand a lot of power off of them

hmm if i were to buy an amp for the SWR1243D, which one should i get? i would get an amp for my speakers later down the road. shouldve gotten component speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

ok, i am thinking about getting the swr-12d4 instead since its only a few dollars difference. what is a decent amp to run this? i also canceled the db651 coaxial order and will get the components one instead. please help

ok, i am thinking about getting the swr-12d4 instead since its only a few dollars difference. what is a decent amp to run this? i also canceled the db651 coaxial order and will get the components one instead. please help
Either a decent size 4 channel or a 2 channel and a mono amp.. Ur choice..

dony get the kenwood ,you'll be disappointed . i can get you pretty much any kind and size of amp.hell i can even have it installed for you.i can do better on that budget for an amp

dony get the kenwood ,you'll be disappointed . i can get you pretty much any kind and size of amp.hell i can even have it installed for you.i can do better on that budget for an amp
thanks, what amp do you recommend? can you please give me a list

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.