Need Help, Weird Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

shalizi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys ive got a few problems after doing my install on my truck. So i bypassed the bose system on my truck and added the avhp4300dvd using a pac c2r gm24 module. I installed ID cs65 components in the front and ID 6 coaxials in the rear doors. Amps installed are a kicker kx650.4 and a saz1500d. So everything powers up and i get sound out of the speaker, but the second that i hook my subs RCA up to the amp, i get a alternator whine. But when i disconnect it the whine is gone and the speakers sound fine. But then sometimes when i raise the volume of the headunit the music becomes choppy. I checked the grounds on my amp and made two seperate grounds. My Power wire is a 4gauge and run to a dist block and then to both amps from there. i have the dist block right in the middle of both amps on the back wall. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem? im going to re run the RCA in the middle just to be safe and recheck the headunit ground. but the speakers randomly making a popping noise sometimes too.

the popping can be caused by a wire being grounded out,alt wine is usually caused by a bad rca,or pinched rca,bad ground,cheap rca's,or maybe a bad ground point in the amp,the choppy sound in the hu ,maybe the gains are set too high on the amp .try swapping rca's around see if that helps.also try playing the subs without the 4 channel to see if the wine goes away.then recheck grounds move the rca's away from all power and ground wires

can the speaker power cables be run on the same side as the rca cables or should i seperate those as well? and as far as cheap rca's the one from the subout to the sub amp is a kicker zx rca cable but the ones running to my 4 channel are cheaper ones i got from ebay amp wiring kit. So i dont think its rca's because then my other ones would be making noise as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.