Need help!! Will this hurt my sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sdimeconcept
10+ year member

East TN
I built a box for my Type R 10 the other day. I had the volume at right over 1 cubic feet. I built the box a little big, but when building the box, we built the box a tad bit bigger. Alpine says a ported box should be built between .8 - 1.25 cubic feet. This box is 1.97 cubic feet. I haven't calculated the room the sub takes up, or the 3" pvc port at 7.25 inches at 32 hz.

Will having that much extra room damage the sub? Should i build another box or will this one work?

Thanks!

You need more port.

4" aero, 12" long will put You at 1.7 ft @ 36hz

Roughly double the area.

You want (ideally) 10 in^2 of port per ft^3. This figure, is up for debate.

As far as 4", I just bought the 3" pvc pipe. I'd rather use it if at all possible. I may just have to use the extra mdf and build another box.

So port placement really doesn't matter then? It's an L shaped box...

Can you place both ports on the same side? The box is only 24 inches long in the back...

Not sure exactly how to place the ports...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.