Need Help With False Floor Idea

Participant count
  • Participant list

Audsocman

NC
As the title says, I am trying to build a false floor for my 02 accord and i'm unsure of what to do right now. I purchased 2 sheets of 1/4 birch and some 2x4 planks and was planning to put the planks between the two sheets to help it support the weight of cargo. I was also going to put my amps in between the sheets, but I realized that if I screw them down the screws would poke out on the other side. I guess that might not be a big deal but id rather not have screws rubbing against the trunk the whole time. I thought about getting some more planks and putting the under the 1/4 birch that way I could drill into that and I wouldn't be wasting the sheet of birch. I also thought about just buying a sheet of 1/2 birch and using that as the bottom floor instead.

1. Which do y'all think is the better option, buy some planks to put under the birch I already have or buy 1/2 birch instead?

I also had some questions about installing everything down there, but I thought it'd be better to get all my questions under one thread instead of multiple ones.

2. Are there certain screws that hold everything down better or does it not matter?

3. What are good methods of securing the wires down to the wood; staples, zip ties, etc.?

4. Is it okay to 2 wires into 1 output of a distribution block? For example, i'm planning on hooking up a relay and was going to run the power wire with one of the amps wires to the distribution block

Thank you all for your responses and help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.