Need help with installing Pioneer Stereo Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello all. I want to thank you in advance for helping me out! I am at a stand still with my installation right now :/

I have a 2005 Saturn Vue base model. The vehicle comes with a built in sub and amp (amp is underneath the rear seats). I bought a Pioneer stereo to install instead of the factory unit. The problem that I am having right now is that the subwoofer connector on the car itself is the plastic piece with the "pins" in it (for lack of better terminology) and the subwoofer connector on the stereo head unit is RCA.

My question is: How can i hookup my subwoofer to this stereo, that only has RCA connections?

Thanks again for the help! :)

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have prefaced my question with how much I know about installing stereos - hardly anything. This is my first time. This is what I've done so far:

I removed my stock stereo. There were two "multi pin" connectors attached behind. One big one, and one smaller one. On the aftermarket stereo there is one "multi pin" connector and RCA for the Sub.

Can you explain what the GMOS 12 is/does? or rather, what a harness is needed for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.