Need help with ohms for amps

I've never ran a sub in a sealed box. If you go sealed, then, I think that you will be disappointed. Build it right, once. The Mustang is small, so, drop the 6"x9"'s and build a ported box for that sub. Which headunit are you going with?

On stock electrical, you might want to drop to a smaller 12" and a smaller mono amp like this.
Screenshot_20200310-234323_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200310-234612_Samsung Internet.jpg

already have the sub. just don't have the amps yet.

O.k., that's fine. You will need to do the big three upgrade at minimum. And, you might want to switch to an AGM battery. A 65 Mustang doesn't have a lot of electronic and computer stuff going on, so, I think the big three and a nice battery should suffice. Your stock alternator is small, so, you may need to upgrade to the 130 or 200 amp alternator to properly power everything. Build a ported box for that sub. "You don't buy a Ferrari to drive the speed limit!" Get the most out of that sub as you can. Proper electrical is the same thing. You don't jump start your car with 16 gauge speaker wire. Proper electrical is essential.

Geez, you're going this far anyway, don't stop at the alt, the one piece that will keep everything working right. LOL
It's more about finding one for the car. Just had a bad experience getting one for my jeep patriot. Bought one and paid mechanic to install. Had to have it uninstalled and other one put back in. A lot of money to have patriot alt installed because of its location. Just a long story. I will be looking into alt for mustang, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.