Need help with this HU,

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Its a clarion cz702. Im running it in "normal" mode with a set of components using their active crossover. Well the EQ makes no sense to me and the user manual doesn't explain it. Rather than the normal "bass ,mid , treble" adjustments like my past HU's have had, this one has "beat eq" that you can either set to "impact, excite, Bass boost, or off". You can adjust each setting to +3 or -3. Then theres a "custom" one that has a band 1,2,3,4, and 5. You can add up too +12 or -12 to each band and you can adjust something called "Q" on each band. But no matter how much i crank up or down these settings, they dont have any effect on the speakers that i can hear? I dont understand? Any have experience with this Headunit? I made a post asking about this on the diymobileaudio forum but no one ever replied lol. So here i am. Thanks for help. Oh and my new system sounds awsome btw even tho i cant figure this part out =]

try contacting user: trumpethow do you like the unit other than confusion in the menu? I was debating on getting the cz302 or cz702 myself
Seems like a high quality unit with a lot of good features. I have it running a ppi 900.4 for my mids highs amp then i have my rear stock 6x9s running off the HU powers and it made them sound awsome. The only downside aside from confusing EQ is that you CAN NOT read the display during the day. At least in my xterra and my windows are tinted. Like you literally cant even tell the thing is on an lit up let alone see what volume its on and song and all that. and i have messed with the color settings and everything. Even when the sun isnt on it you cant see the display. Pretty annoying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.