Need Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

10+ year member

WACO
I am getting a viper5900 installed. Anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram for an 06 Chevy Impala. The local shop told me it didnt have a low volt starter wire and i had to buy some expensive bypass they use, instead of the DEI one i have that is supposed to work with my car. Are they just trying to rip me off or is this a legit issue?

ok thanks. could the shop make the 1701G work or is that just not possible? that is the one i currently have, when i bought it at a different shop they said this would be all i needed and failed to mention anything about this wire issue, now when i go to have it installed at a different shop they tell me about the problem.

ok thanks for the info. i am having it installed at a shop because i have no clue how to do alarm installs:wow:

1701 is a door lock/ security byass as well as transponder on some cars, the second is totally different. Maybe the first one would of let you trade it in, due to your 06 not having data locks.

well i bought it about 6 months back and moved off to college //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif and just got enough money to have it installed so the old one is off to ebay;)

ok guys i got the alarm installed today and the shop used their own bypass(not the DEI), well after i got home and played with it for a minute i noticed the remote does not indicate whether or not a door or the trunk are open. it only shows lock/unlock and if the car is started:crap:...why is it not showing the rest of the things, does it only show them when you try to arm the system and they are open? thanks again for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.