Need inputs on this setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

JessyBoy86

Senior VIP Member
Hi guys,

i think i've finally come to an agreement with myself. Considering that i'm on a budget of 1500$ or so, maybe more if the quality/price ratio is clearly a plus ! What you guys think of this :

-MiniDSP C-DSP 6x8

-Alpine Type R 12'' D2

-CT sound AT1400.1D

-NVX JAD800.4

-NVX X-series 6.5''

I'm kind of confortable with the NVX option since LosIsATool strongly recommended those a few weeks ago...

But i'm not sure about the miniDSP and the type R sub though.

The type R is kinda cheap, kind of attractive to me, i'm not looking for big big SPL but just loud and sharp sound for everyday ride, no ears bleeding but still loud ! I wanna keep as much cargo space as i can so i'd go with a sealed box with one sub.

MiniDSP is kind of cheap too compared to 3sixty, helix, Alpine H800 etc....but is it still pretty good ? Do i really have a betterment by going for a higher-end DSP considering the beginner tuner i am ??

Feel free to suggest anything you think will be better than this for the price ! I'm not gonna upgrade the system later on and wanna keep it for years to come.

Thanks guys !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not personally used the mini dsp. I've heard plenty trust worthy people praise it. My only concern is it's only 2 volt output. You may want to consider an 80prs instead. Just my opinion.

I have not personally used the mini dsp. I've heard plenty trust worthy people praise it. My only concern is it's only 2 volt output. You may want to consider an 80prs instead. Just my opinion.
i'm stuck with the stock HU so....

Like i said, i'm a beginner, tell me if i'm right:

since it's only 2V output....can i simply turn up each channel output of the DSP to match the amp, so i won't need to turn up the gain on the amp much ?

EDIT:

i think i get it, 2V is the maximum output level of the DSP. So compared to a DSP that gives 4V max, i will have to set the gain higher on the amp to get the same output from the amp thus increasing the risk of clipping, right ?

A solution would be to get a higher RMS rated amp ? if the bigger amp is more expansive than the better DSP, i should just go for a better DSP i guess ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.