Need installation advice!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hudika

Right now i have upraded my sub box and amp but going from my old amp to new amp and box isnt turning out to be as easy as it should. I have an eclipse ae2000 amp and a alpine type r 10 inch dvc sub but all the labeling on the amp is unfamiliar to what i have delt with in the past. Now i have a mono switch on/off and a clipping light and the rca inputs are labeled 'line in' and 'pre amp out' instead of input and rca line out but i dont think they work as input and rca aux out, if someone can inform on what the mono switch and the rca plugs are for. The amp has no power light it only lights up when rcas to headdeck are plugged into pre amp out plugs. Everything is on and connected but still not even a squeak from the sub. The details on the amp are here Eclipse EA2000 2-channel car amplifier — 60 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com and details on sub is here Alpine SWR-1042D Type-R 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com. after hours and hours can someone please shed some light on this?.? Cheers guys

not only is your amp going to be under powering the sub but its not 2ohm bridged stable. So you will have to run it at 8ohms if you dont want the amp to shut down. At which point you will be severely under powering the sub. Forget about using that amp and get something bigger and at least 2 ohm stable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.