Need Suggestions on Sub replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list
Here's what I have going on, finally going to get the amp I purchased sometime this week. My vehicle is 2010 Nissan Armada SE

Keeping OEM HU, haven't purchase LOC just yet (still deciding) but in the meantime I've purchased an adapter that will allow me to get the amp hooked up.

Alpine PDX-5 ---5 ch amp

75x4

300x1

I have a QBASS12 subwoofer enclosure for dual 12's

1.74cu. ft box volume per box

5/8" MDF with slot ported chambers.

I was also toying with the idea of building a box, looking at how involved that would be.

Right now I have a pair of older Kicker 12's that I wan't to replace, they are a bit beat, I got them used had to use silicone to patch a few tears, there's no rattle or funky sound coming from them, but I want to go with replacing them. The box is solid.

I was looking at this setup: Cadence XBP-122 Subwoofer Enclosure with Dual 12" XeNITH Series Car Subwoofers (2 or 4 Ohm Selectable Impedance) at Onlinecarstereo.com

anyone have anyknowledge or experience or opinions about it? I may not have made the best choice but my doors have been replaced with Cadence (Xenith) stuff, so I was thinking of going the same direction.

So my question for you guys & gals, what would you suggest would be the best bang for the buck for a pair of subs that wouldn't break the bank. That would match up well with the amp. Somewhere in the range of up to maybe $300 for the pair. And as my funds are tight, I'll probably run the kickers until I can get the replacements.

Thanks in advance for any and all input, it's greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
85 views and no response yet, if anyone wants to point me in the direction of a post that would help I'd surely appreciate it. Just want to get a set of subs that would match well with the amp, and give me the best bang for the money. Thanks I'll be patient

85 views and no response yet, if anyone wants to point me in the direction of a post that would help I'd surely appreciate it. Just want to get a set of subs that would match well with the amp, and give me the best bang for the money. Thanks I'll be patient
Already sprung for the Alpine Amp, although the price for the black ice is a good price, but would the hds subs be under-powered hitting them with the amp that I have?

Saw these on Ebay price is reasonable, just don't know if they are any good or not. And I'm leaning more toward building my own box once I decide on subs to purchase. The more I think about it, the more doing my own build appeals to me.

ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2D4-12 12" 500W 4-Ohm DVC Prime R2 Car Audio Sub woofer

Power Handling (Max): 500 Watts

Power Handling (RMS): 250 Watts

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.