Northeast Region NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
i know some have planned their systems around the no limit on power and have ben tring to get loud ie new box /subs/ amp/batts/ and have done all wire upgrades big three mulitiply runs and deading not to mention testing so it could go either way i dont think its in the cards to effect me this year but u never know how the spring will be but w that much power people should be able to compete in ss no prob so there my non descive input on this matter lol sorry for the help

We were talking it over this morning and here's what we're thinking. Since there might be a couple people that have already bought their power for the Stock classes and it might be more than 5K, we'll add a power limit of 10K to the Stock classes. We'll see how the 2010 season works out with this. And depending on how many people we have in each of the classes we may make some changes for 2011. If we don't get a decent number of competitors in Am3 or SS3 then we'll look into eliminating those classes, I hear that SS2 is going to be a big class this season so we'll see what happens. A 10K limit is more than enough for the Stock classes and will be a starting point, if there are only a hand full with more than 5K by the end of the season then you can pretty much count on a 5K limit for 2011, but we'll wait til then. I think in 2009 there as only 2 people with 5K, both of them are jumping up to No Wall in 2010.

Guys with more than 5K for this season will have to compete in the pro classes when we run the TNESPL shows this season, hope they remembered this. I believe thats 5K clamped too, not just rated power.

We were talking it over this morning and here's what we're thinking. Since there might be a couple people that have already bought their power for the Stock classes and it might be more than 5K, we'll add a power limit of 10K to the Stock classes. We'll see how the 2010 season works out with this. And depending on how many people we have in each of the classes we may make some changes for 2011. If we don't get a decent number of competitors in Am3 or SS3 then we'll look into eliminating those classes, I hear that SS2 is going to be a big class this season so we'll see what happens. A 10K limit is more than enough for the Stock classes and will be a starting point, if there are only a hand full with more than 5K by the end of the season then you can pretty much count on a 5K limit for 2011, but we'll wait til then. I think in 2009 there as only 2 people with 5K, both of them are jumping up to No Wall in 2010.
Guys with more than 5K for this season will have to compete in the pro classes when we run the TNESPL shows this season, hope they remembered this. I believe thats 5K clamped too, not just rated power.
We stick strictly with the manafacturs rated power. I.E. Atomic 5k, AB 500.1 etc...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just wanted to add something for the upcoming season. I will be changing up the registration forms for the 2010 season, on the forms will be a line for the make and model of each competitors subs and amp they are running. I will be making every attempt to inspect and verify that everyone is in the correct class when they register and also when they compete. At certain events a picture will also be taken of each competitors system. If for any reason someone is caught swapping out their subs or amp to anyone for any reason they will be DQ'd from the event without any refund, with the possibility of a suspension from additional shows. I've been made aware that this was an issue with a few people during the 2009 season, and there was a rule forbidding this. The ONLY exception I will make is that a competitor blows a sub or an amp and replaces it with a spare, and ONLY with a spare. Using an Identical sub or amp from a team mate or friend will NOT be allowed unless it is also their Spare. Competitors must have a complete system at all times. Using the identical gear from a team mate will not be allowed. If anyone see's this type of cheating going on you asked to pull one of us aside during the show and say something. Your name will not be mentioned and the person in question WILL have their vehicle inspected and any appropriate action will be taken. This goes for everyone, regardless of who you are. I will not pull favors for anyone that is caught cheating. I will be out in the crowds a lot more this season, so I will be watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like some of it and hate some of it. Some of us dont want to share with others what we're using. If we are cool with inspections before going into the lanes and doing another inspection while in the lanes do we still need to have pics taken? Also are the forms for registration open to the public or just you?

You are one of those who is scared to show a little skin huh? Too bad... I could care less, take pix of what, a box and some subs and amps? Meh... stop being so anal!

Registration forms are for NESPL, not for other competitors viewing. If any pics are taken, it will be during a pre-inspection, not in the lanes, there's no time for that when you reach that point, this will be only at random events, not at every one of them. My plan for registrations this season will be to have each competitor fill out their form, when they are set then a judge will do a visual inspection of their gear and vehicle to determine their class, mostly for Amateurs, after the inspection is set the judge will keep the form and bring it to the booth where your name and class will be loaded into TermLab. Once your info is loaded your all set to compete. I don't plan on doing inspections of systems after someone competes, unless they have had some type of malfunction or blown a sub or woofer and then come back for another run. If someone questions a competitors system after they have made their runs I will do a visual inspection, but I may decide to charge a small fee just like the other orgs, more of a way to keep jealous people from complaining about a system when there are no grounds for it. Keep in mind that this is for NESPL events, at TNESPL and dB Drag events we go by their rules and not our own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats cool. I took it differently the first time I read it. And being scared has nothing to do with it. I'm just making sure I can sandbag most of the season //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey Chris I think I'll build a new box tuned at 30hz and see how much more sh!t I can knock ACT's walls next time...lol

Team Sandbaggers sounds awesome lol. The next time I need to clean off ALL of my shelves Ill call you over to bump again. Man I cant believe how loud you can make 1 sub get. Even with your amp clipping your numbers are impressive. Thanks again for the box for our customer. Ill let you know what he thinks about it after we install it tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.