NEW 8" subs

geezy21unc
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
FLA
so i havent been on this foru in years and i got back into the car audio scene, never really left it, lol...but i got my 8W6 trios back up after being reconed and surrounds redone. im thinking of moving on to another trio set, i need some info on some good subs i can replace the three with, i plan on using the same box the 8.3 microsub used, i like the sealed box space that it has so no ported boxs. anyhting around .3-.6 cu in. would be nice to keep as well. im running a memphis 1000d @ 1ohm currently. would like to keep it as close as possibly to that. what subs you guys recommend for SQ-SQL? not looking to spend a whole lot on subs either but i want the same if not better performance the JL line brought to the table, holla!

i just got these , they look like beasts , not sure yet though. They will be on my doorstep on friday.

Picture785.jpg
Picture781.jpg

i know you said you didnt want to go ported, but drop down to 2 SA-8s put them in 1.5 cubes ported and throw everything that amp has at them.

other than look into the TC sounds epic, or the true bass 8s that are in the classifieds. but using 3 is going to throw the final ohm load off a bit

youll be suprised what 8's can do, people think im rockin 12's all the time currently with my 8W6's

well w6's are almost as beefy as these so hopefully these will impress too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif taylorfade has them for sale on over on caco. 75 each for the new ones and i got my pair a little cheaper because someone slipped with the drill bit and punctured the surrounds slightly and repaired them.

i modeled these up in winisd and bassbox pro 6. they look like they would be perfect for a SQ install too. Nice flat response.

Snapshot48.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

gotta go mow the grass , i will check in later.

Those American Bass 8" are impressive, the Sundwon SA-8 are phenominal and don't take as much space ported as most subs their size need sealed, and Alpine has a new Type R 8" sub coming out shortly that are supposed to be comparable to the SA-8 in power handeling, but more aimed at SQ.

youll be suprised what 8's can do, people think im rockin 12's all the time currently with my 8W6's
People have always said that to me. When I had 8's people said they sounded like 12's. When I had 12's, people said they sounded like 18's. I think people are just stupid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.