New Box for the Death Penalty 12

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well sorry for no build pics guys, but here's some finished ones. I bought a router last week and built the entire box with it, straight edges and all. I'm officially in love with my router. haha.. But anyway, i built a fiberglass box for my truck a few months ago back when i was in high school still, and it did pretty good on the meter (140.0) but i wanted to go a little louder without having to change setups completely. I decided to build a box to go where my center console was. The box itself is 1.9 cubes tuned to 33 hz (made for my new Fi Bl 12 coming in), but i decided to put in the DP for the time being. There was a noticeable difference in the sound and loudness of this box over my other one, but this one will only be used for competitions, or when i don't need a center seat (can't put the GF beside ya when this is in. haha) So i went and got it metered yesterday. Still peaked at 42 hz like my fiberglass box (which is tuned to 36 hz) and did a 143.5 on the TL, and a 145.6 on an AudioControl 170. Very very happy with these scores. Anyways, on to the pictures..

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

VID!!

And before anyone says anything, the box is actually at a very good height for resting your arm. And i can still reach everything just fine.. It does have a problem with ******* things up off the floor (****** half a beach towel into it a couple days ago).

wow that looks like the perfect setup for that truck, real trick and i bet its loud as hell that close to your head. What truck? Ram? Silverado? I know the rams have tons of center console space.

Oh yeah, clean ass box too.

its a ram. look at the steering wheel
Ah yes, lol. I figured it was since my friend has the same thing, looked familiar and i dont think a box that big would fit there in any other trucks but yes, that steering wheel does give it away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im all about carpeted but Ive never carpeted or painted any of my boxes lol, just too lazy

Yeah it's a Ram 1500. You can barely see the fiberglass box right behind the seats, but it's 2.4 cubes with a 6 inch aero tuned to 36 hz. It gets **** low, even lower than this box.. I might wrap it in vinyl when i get the time, but it's just for comps so i'm not too worried about it. I'll make another video when i get my Fi Bl 12 in next week sometime, when i'm not studying for finals.. Thanks for the compliments tho guys.. I thought a 143.5 with 1 sub in a regular cab truck was fairly decent.. Haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.