New Eclipse CD7200 mkII

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kai Winters
10+ year member

plain ol' me
Read about this head unit in the new issue of Sound and Vision magazine.

Seems like an interesting hu. S+V calls it an "audiophile head unit". And at $550 brand new it may be an interesting hu especially if it comes down in price a bit.

I had an Eclipse hu once. Within 2 weeks the volume control knob became inoperative and rather than replace it with another I went back to Alpine.

Over the past 35 years I have owned many Alpine units, probably 10 or so, and a few by Pioneer...back to the old SuperTuner days...as well as others. In my experience Alpine has always been the most dependable as well as great looking with great sound. But this new Eclipse has peaked my interest...when is that **** Bush tax money coming lol.

EclipseCD7200mkII.jpg

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/

http://www.eclipse-web.com/cd/cd7200overviews.html

Here is the owners manual link for browsing:

http://www.eclipse-web.com/download/manual/cd7200mkII_e/audio/index.html

I ordered the CD7200 from Eclipse last Saturday. Just so you know they are back ordered right now and won't be shipping out until the end of the month.

Seems like a pretty good deck. Interface will probably **** as usual (old school Eclipse > new school Eclipse). Between the E-iServ, remote and the fact that I use and iPod as a primary source of music, the interface is not very high on my list of priorities. There are a few threads over on DIYMA that do more than touch the surface of the 7200, so I would definitely check those out.

those eclipse knobs **** ass in my very honest opinion. luckily its my friend that owns one like that.
Just noticed you have the CD5000... we had one on display for maybe a week and moved it to open box and was priced at $25!!! Unfortunately, another employee beat me to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Just noticed you have the CD5000... we had one on display for maybe a week and moved it to open box and was priced at $25!!! Unfortunately, another employee beat me to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
its a good deck, but that series eclipses seem to have a hissing that is inherent with them.

i have everything wired straight to the battery and so does a friend, so there is no ground loop or anything of the sort. both my cd5000 and his cd3100 have the hiss. i started doing more research on line and found some "audiophile" type people complaining of the same ****. it pretty much pissed me off. hell i even tried the pioneer fix on it to no avail. it ***** but luckily it doesnt get louder as you turn the volume up so at least its easy to not hear (ie, when you turn it up past like 20 out of 80). oh and as you said...eclipse remotes FTMFL

for $25 i would of snatched it up in a heart beat.

I tried a 7200 and was very unimpressed with it. It seemed very promising but just didnt dazzle me at all once it was out of the box. The control ****, it feels very cheap, and since you mentioned it, like it will break in short order. The screen is blasphemous in how bad it looks, its just not enjoyable at all to look at, many OEM auto HU's have far superior screens. And it was a ***** to navigate/use. It just isnt intuitively designed at all. And lastly and most importantly..... You cant make all the buttons blue, wtf?!?

I've been looking into getting one of these to replace my mint 8445. The USB capability is something that I lust for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I tried a 7200 and was very unimpressed with it. It seemed very promising but just didnt dazzle me at all once it was out of the box. The control ****, it feels very cheap, and since you mentioned it, like it will break in short order. The screen is blasphemous in how bad it looks, its just not enjoyable at all to look at, many OEM auto HU's have far superior screens. And it was a ***** to navigate/use. It just isnt intuitively designed at all. And lastly and most importantly..... You cant make all the buttons blue, wtf?!?
Yea, touch and feel is going to ****. I bought it for the DSP. And I probably would have purchased the 800 if I couldn't get my 7200 half off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.