New Guy looking to upgrade from BONE STOCK

callmeryang
10+ year member

LA 213
Hello guys, this is my second post other than my introduction thread.

First off, I was recomended here from another forum (6th gen accord) that this forum has lots of good information.

Anyways, let's cut to the chase. I have a 1998 Honda Accord Sedan

6x9's in the back. 6.5's in the front bone stock .. 10 watts? 10 watts? who knows..stock HU.

So, everything needs to be replaced/upgraded.

I AM on a budget..800-1k installed.

I'm looking to get it installed at "Find it all car stereo" in Los Angeles

Here is the set up i'm INTERESTED in getting

HU- Kenwood KDC-X693

SUB- 1 12" Rockford Fosgate P1

Speakers- front speakers..undecided.Rear speakers..Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 6x9s

Rockford Fosgate..forget model # but it's a 4 ch. amp

these are all what im THINKING of..not decided yet. going to do my hw for 2 more weeks on this subject then get it all installed.

pleaes if you have any suggestions please let me know but if you're not going to help, then please just don't post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT- okay guys thanks for schooling me, please keep schooling me..

okay so I hear don't get the p1 cause it's a POS..and for rear speakers don't even get it? and as for front..get components not coaxial.

Is my HU i want okay?

please school me on a good amp and sub. im looking for a single 12 inchh.

what kind a music are you into and also are you after SQ or SQL?

and my opion on the RF P1 is they are the biggest waste of money man! hell even the p2 are

if i were you i would hold off on buying anything.

spend about 2-3 weeks here on the forum and you find out quickly that alot of mainstream stuff is garbage

First off. Dont get a p1. Second off, install it yourself, third off, You could fit a good pair of components in the front for less than the front and rear fill would cost, and it would sound a lot better. With a real 1k budget you can do a lot better than whatyou have found. As for a the substage, are you trying to go loud, or a small amount of bass. What size sub do you plan on getting, 10,12,15,18?

what kind a music are you into and also are you after SQ or SQL? music im into..rap/hip hop mostly u know..wayne and whatnot

and my opion on the RF P1 is they are the biggest waste of money man! hell even the p2 are
okay, so..hold off on the sub? i hear getting alpine type r is better off.

if i were you i would hold off on buying anything.
spend about 2-3 weeks here on the forum and you find out quickly that alot of mainstream stuff is garbage
yeah that's why i came here, im waiting a bit before i do ANYTHING cause i think the installers are trying to rip me offfff

First off. Dont get a p1. Second off, install it yourself, third off, You could fit a good pair of components in the front for less than the front and rear fill would cost, and it would sound a lot better. With a real 1k budget you can do a lot better than whatyou have found. As for a the substage, are you trying to go loud, or a small amount of bass. What size sub do you plan on getting, 10,12,15,18?
okay, a good pair of components such as the phoenix rsd65? okay so basically don't get a back system?

Please help me then with my budget of 800-1k.

I'm trying to go LOUD, with clean bass. I don't need like crazy bass where u can hear me from block down.

just enough for me, is that clear? or..hm idk how to say it sorry but right now the stock speakers **** crap and when i turn loud its crackly. so i want a crisp , clear, nice bass

please give me recommendations for a good set up

HU - i'm pretty firm on the kenwood for NOW.

Speakers- i'm open to options (people told me phoenix are good)

Amp- pleaes help

Sub- should i even get this? (please help)

As for sub i plan on just getting 1 12" sub since i need room in my trunk (tennis player)

if you wnat a good clean bass (SQ) look into a single or a pair of SI (stereo intergrity) Mag v4 or a pair of bm!

as for clairty look into almost any components whihc are rated for 100rms and you will love them (or even 75 or those alpine ones) the polk are also nice sounding ones!

also you don't need to use a rear fill IF you are going to have a loud sub in the rear! b/c the bass will kill the rear fill and make a rear fill pointless.

the cracking you hear (clipping) is distorion b/c you are turning your h/u up to high.

as for amps look into a nice 2channel that can put out 100rms x2ch @ 4ohm i would say get the sax125.2 they are pretty check on ssa right now and for your sub amp get something that will suit your sub you are getting! maybe look into orion 1200d, sundown sae (or saz) 1000

as for h/u which ever you like to look at! i like to look at my new jvc avx77!!!

if you wnat a good clean bass (SQ) look into a single or a pair of SI (stereo intergrity) Mag v4 or a pair of bm!
as for clairty look into almost any components whihc are rated for 100rms and you will love them (or even 75 or those alpine ones) the polk are also nice sounding ones!

also you don't need to use a rear fill IF you are going to have a loud sub in the rear! b/c the bass will kill the rear fill and make a rear fill pointless.

the cracking you hear (clipping) is distorion b/c you are turning your h/u up to high.

as for amps look into a nice 2channel that can put out 100rms x2ch @ 4ohm i would say get the sax125.2 they are pretty check on ssa right now and for your sub amp get something that will suit your sub you are getting! maybe look into orion 1200d, sundown sae (or saz) 1000

as for h/u which ever you like to look at! i like to look at my new jvc avx77!!!
thanks for being so nice and helpful. okay i'll look into 2 channel. 4 ch. isn't necessary i suppose. so that does make sense..if i have a sub i don't need rear fills caues it will just kill the sound.

and i hear about the big 3 or soemtthing? do regular audio places do this for a small charge?

thanks for the recommendations!

ive heard great things about the image dynamics subs. Get the 12, does 400 watts rms i think. Should be perfect for what your looking for. As for comps, you should check out CDT, they have good speakers at agood price. They have the cdt classics which are good bang for their buck

okay, and as for a 2ch. amp?

i heard really good things about alpine type r single 12" sub. better than the rockfos p1 right..LOL

components i think i'm set now on looking at the rsd's

so now..i need help on what else do i need to buy when i buy my sub? i know i needa get a box and stuff..where? links? sorry if that was a dumb question (i am a noob)

and what else is needed with an amp? i heaer you need all these wires and harness

this set up was recommended by eggyhustle from 6GA

kenwood kdcx693 $165

rsd's $59

mb quart dsc 280 $75 does 80x 2@ 4 ohm.

1 alpine type r 10" $129

mb quart dsc 500.1 $112

If you want just enough bass for you that is loud and clean and in your budget then get a Image Dynamics, RE Audio, Fi Audio, Digital Dimensions, Sundown:10" speaker in a nice properly ported and tuned box.

Then, get a nice set of components for the front. I have Polk Audio DB's components in my car and they sound great and get loud and stay very clear. However, for components I recommend you go to a local car audio shop that has a demo board and listen to them in person. Everyone's ears attenuate differently to things. Someone might love Phoenix Gold while the next person may hate it so don't take word of mouth for components.

As far as amps go. Look into maybe getting a 4 channel amp that produces 100W @ 4 ohms x 4 and wire the components to the front channel and run the sub bridged off the back channel. Be sure to use a good amp brand. Such as Arc Audio, Elemental Designs, JL Audio (a little overpriced), Alpine, Sundown and others. Just browse the site.

okay thanks for your suggestions! i think i'm set on a single 12" alpine type r from what people have been telling me.

as for components, yes i will be going audio shopping (woohoo) and testing them out to see what gives me the CHILLS haha

and as for an amp..i have yet to decide on that, do I get just a 2 ch. to power my sub or 4 ch to power sub and components.

also..for my rear speakers don't i need to get that replaced cause it's crackly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

callmeryang

10+ year member
callmeryang
LA 213
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from