New to car audio just set up my first system. Thoughts opinions advice?

Participant count
  • Participant list

davedude44

Alright i have spent the last 2 weeks putting my stereo system together in my car. I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. The Head Unit is a Pioneer d2100 i belive is the number. It has one pre amp output. Also has ipod integration which is the reason i bought it as it came with the wire. In the front door panels i have pioneer 5.25 2 way speakers hooked up to the headunit. In the rear, My car has the rear speakers mounted in a soundbar in the ceiling. I have 6.5 pioneer 3 way speakers hooked into the headunit as well. I have a 6 guage power wire hooked up to a 4 channel amp made by crossfire. The amp says 100Wx4 meaning its a 400 watt amp? The amp is drilled into the back side of the rear seat. The amp has 2 rca inputs with ajustable gain and crossover for each. I then have a 12 inch jl audio sub in a sealed box which i drilled into the trunk with L brackets. The sub is bridged on 2 of the channels from the amp. I have the crossover set to low, and the headunit has bass on 0 mid on +2 and treble on + 5. I was thinking of amplifiying the front speakers however my headunit only has one set of outputs and one input on the amp will not power all 4 channels to my knowledge. I was thinking of getting 2 y adapters and splitting the rca's to hook into both of the inputs on the amp so i could power the sub and the front speakers. I dont know how that would turn out though or if i would lose power idk. Anyways this is my first setup any thing you have to say about it is appreciated, feedback, advice etc..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.