newb considering ES-620Z

Slow down guys, I can only take in so much information. ha, anyway, I want sq and should I get a smaller amp? I figure I may be able to resell the amp unopened if I need to.

I have that set of components and I really like them.I am running them active now but before that I had them with the passive crossover on a Sundown SAX100.4 bridged.That was 320 watts per side (they will never see that much playing music) and they worked very well-no problems.I think the amp you ordered should run them nicely-just use your head when setting the gains.The ES-6 is a very nice midrange driver but I don't run mine below 80hz.You will need to deaden your doors to get midbass out of them.Good luck and enjoy.

Hey messer4166,

What is your budget??

1-that pheonix gold amp is a really nice amp , but do you have the room to mount that amp in your car??

I have the ti500xs which about 1/2 the size of that amp.

That amp will work really good bridged mono to a good sub.

2-I had that same comp set from cdt audio, the tweeter is kind of harsh for a soft dome.

the mid if going active & xover high even will sound really nice, but it lacks lower midbass.

if you are looking to spend $399, here a list of passive comps that are built well,sound good & will last you a long time.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7163/UP6--DLS-Ultimate-65"-2Way-Component-System.htm

or

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7174/CXS64-V2--Image-Dynamics-65"-4-ohm-Component-System.htm

or

http://www.woofersetc.com/p4967/RB162--Zapco-65"-Reference-Component-System.htm

or

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7181/SAC-26525--Rainbow-65"-Component-System.htm

or

http://www.woofersetc.com/p4759/Dotech-Ovation-Comp-6--Morel--2-Way-Component-System.htm

look around before spending your money on cdt audio

budget: I should have bought less amp to begin with, I should keep the comps less than $500. I still need to buy everything else.

As far as space, the amp should fit behind my rear truck seat, hopefully without insulating heat.

I bought cdt audio from all the hype like others.

I didnt like my boston Pro's because of lack of midbass, so i was in the market for a new comp set, I looked at Morel hydrid ovation which i really loved, but have a stupid friend that had the cdt es600 in his car & he swore on how good they sounded.

I listened & i like what i heard in his car.

So i bought the es600 hoping not to buy another set of comps for a very long time.

yeah right.

anyways, when my set got to me i play around with the mids & passive xover in my car. I was powering them with a my eclpise amp 160 per side & useing the passive xover which i didnt like, So I changed out amps to my Phoenix gold sx500 & played with them active, which sounded so much nicer, but i cant get the mid to play midbass that sounded right, I dont remember my xover pionts, but went back to the eclipse amp,& added the passive xover back on & tweeters as well.

]withiin 2 days I blew 1 of the drt25 tweeters at low volume, I quested what the hell i could have done wrong.

so i called cdt, they sent me out a new tweeter for free.

my problem was that 480 passive xover which has tweeter protective mode, ever time you turn the volume up the tweeters would shut off.

So i bought the 560 xover which is suppose to have better xover pionts, but that 560xover started causeing me problems as well, so i sent that back to cdt for them to look at, they replaced that one as well.

So about 2 months go by & i realize that my mids sound really really funny, so i took out the mid to look at it, & i realize the cone had come apart from the spider-unglued.I could of glued it back together but i felt like they should stand behind there products,So

I called cdt up to complain about how unhappy i am about ther product, so they replayed that mid, well the other mid had the same problem, & this happen with those mids at least 2 more times before i gave up on cdt.

I took them out & told myself i wouldnt never ever play with cdt audio gear again.

I called cdt up about 9months ago & complain, yes they remember me.they sent me a newer model 2009 es-6, which i didnt want, but i took them anyways.

I have aurum cantus,mach5, Daytons7,polk audio mids to compare to them.

The upper mid isnt tonality as smooth or as much detail as the Aurum Cantus,or as open as daytons, but the upper midbass is more punchier, which i like.

mach5 mids are little more laid back & more natural sounding compared to the cdt, but once the cdt broke in im kind of impressed with the midbass & how more detailed the upper mids has opened up.

well you can say this about cdt audio, they have great customer service, but there product isnt worth what you can find with Hertz,Morel,ID,even Bostons.

With the Boston 's i never had any problems with them ever, they just lacked midbass to my likings.

NO that amp is a 2channel amp.

1-you can run these to your comps

2-use it as a mono amp for your sub, you will be useing the xover on the amp to xover the sub, so you wont need a passive/cap to add

3-you buy a 4 channel amp instead

Remember this your comps can be run passive or active, & most of the time your sub is always active.

That is a really good amp but i would say more for subs not comps. That amp has so much power it will burn up comps fast.

The Cdt ES series is the top of the line for Cdt and the 200Z crossovers are one of the better ones they make. I have heard the regular ES series with out the Z200 crossovers and i was very impressed so the es620Z set should sound just awesome.

That is a really good amp but i would say more for subs not comps. That amp has so much power it will burn up comps fast.
That amp will work great with those comps.Just use your head with the volume knob.Headroom is your friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.Mine have been running on 320 watts a side for a year with no problems and I like it loud.That appears to be a very well made amp at a great price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.