NH: 96 M3 5spd Coupe Silver 115k

Participant count
  • Participant list

AcidicDreams
10+ year member

I don't need one of these
Auburn WA
This is pretty much a copy of my craigslist ad. The car is in really good shape, I love it, but I just need to make a transisiton without carry it's loan payment. I may also be selling a 2003 Audi A6 with the 4.2 V8 in the 8.5k range...

I am selling my 96 M3.

-It has 115k miles

-5 speed, clutch is in good shape

-Lux Package (wood trim, more comfy seats, heated/power seats)

-1 Set of almost new summer tires on rims in pics and 1 set of snows on 17" steel rims

-ALL original, no mods except Dinan exhaust. Very smooth and deep, not very loud

-Tuneup done in the last 5k miles (I bought it in July 2009, moving cross country now, need to sell)

-Brakes are 90-100%

-New Cats

-Alipine (CDA-9856) Headunit with full speed Ipod controls, stock speakers.

-Engine runs strong and smooth

-Suspension is in decent shape though it's getting to be time for bushing replacement etc common on e36 bmw's to retain as new handling

-Valentine One Radar detector hard wired

-One small rust spot on driver rear wheel well. Was quoted $471 to fix it

-My dad backed into it and put a small dent in the hood. This has been repaired with insurance so no cutting corners to do it right. Pictures of damage available.

This is a nice M3 and will be maint free for several years. Handles well in the winter weather so it can be a year round daily driver. I love this car but with a move it just doesn't make sense to hold on to it. It is smooth fast and powerful. There is nothing like a true sports car! Forget those hopped up Honda's and Mitsubishi's. Step up into a REAL RWD sports car. Called the best handling car at ANY price in the late 90's by car and driver. Pics are from previous owner, car now has snow tires on it. Nothing else has changed except it has a NH license on it. Oh yah, no trades

You can also email me at bbarrspam@gmail.com

I'm looking for $10,000 with the extra goodies like snow tires and the V1

16 more photos on flickr, has snows on it, includes a close up of the rust.

kbb works for cars like camrys, but cannot even come close to pricing the market of a car like a M3. Clean examples are hard to come by, and they are becoming classics, especially since so many are getting wrecked/parted. 10k is not out of line, though may be a little high. Good place to start

NADA clean retail is 10k with 2 sets of tires/wheels and a V1... For New England the price is right in line with what others have sold for and what people are asking.

Dealers use NADA and so do banks when deciding how much they can loan on a car...

It's also a stock example with only a new exhaust so no kids chopping springs and those who have the money to maintain it properly have owned this car. For 10k you will not find a better equipped, handling car with the speed to make it fun. There just is no substitute for an M3... No turbo to replace at 100k... 243hp from a bulletproof straight 6.

I had a dealer friend find it for me... he check 59 cars from across the country and picked this one because it was the best deal (price to condition)... any 5k m3 will be jacked...

my 99' M3 just hit 125k and still going strong. Been juicing nitrous at 125shot for the last 10k miles too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

GLWS

02182009389-1.jpg

man this is so much more car than my RSX and cheaper than I paid for it too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Good luck with it.

This is true... the RSX is a fine car but the M3 is the best. It was called the handling car at ANY price when it was current...

16 more photos on flickr, has snows on it, includes a close up of the rust.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

AcidicDreams

10+ year member
I don't need one of these
AcidicDreams
Auburn WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies