Not getting any sound

07USAFGT

So I had my amp Kenwood KAC-X621 and my 2x12" Kenwood db+ sub disconnected for about a year. I recently hooked them back up identically to the way I removed them and am not getting any sound. When my CD player turns on I get the red indicator light on the amp that flashes red 3 times, then stays steady, and the LED status states 11.6V when on battery power and 14V when the engine is running. Everything seems to be fine, other than no sound....Help please!

So I had my amp Kenwood KAC-X621 and my 2x12" Kenwood db+ sub disconnected for about a year. I recently hooked them back up identically to the way I removed them and am not getting any sound. When my CD player turns on I get the red indicator light on the amp that flashes red 3 times, then stays steady, and the LED status states 11.6V when on battery power and 14V when the engine is running. Everything seems to be fine, other than no sound....Help please!
my guess is there is a setting on your headunit to turn the subwoofer output on.

flashing red lights usually aren't good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

MY thoughts also were an output setting on the headunit, but I looked through all the settings and nothing stated a thing about on/off for the rcas. As far as the red lights go, the owners manual stated it will flash 3 times then go steady for either power up, or for the overprotection feature. It states though in the overprotection mode a should get a code on the LED display, which I wasn't getting, leading me to assume that it was just the normal power up sequence.

the reason your only getting 11.6 is because your fuse is starting to go bad.... as far as the protect light check your ground make sure is a nice clean shinny metal ground..

Agree. Sounds like a ground issue. Another thing is check for is what I call "wire pubes" on your outputs. If your not using connectors and just stuffing the wire in, little pubes fray out and can short the output, thus putting the amp into protection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.