O-scopes!

supereikenator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
For what price can a reliable one be had? I've heard the DMM method of setting gains isn't the most reliable and I really want to do my stereo right this next time around, so

I want to set my gains with a scope. I don't know what ones to trust though, any links? Thanks in advance! I can't afford the SMD tools so please don't suggest those, I know they exist and are great, but they are so ungodly expensive(from what I've seen.) this will be my last build for a while so the investment wouldn't be worth it for me either.

Dso nano works great $65 ebay
Yep, and there's at least three different versions now as well (or generations if you will). The oldest ones are cheaper, the newest is like $90. Biggest downside is only having one probe but for what you'll use it for that doesn't matter. Mine has served me well. Helped me figure out I was clipping.

Display 2.8″ Color TFT LCD

Display Resolution 320×240

Display Color 65K

Analog bandwidth 0 - 1MHz

Max sample rate 1Msps 12Bits

Sample memory depth 4096 Point

Horizontal sensitivity 1uS/Div~10S/Div (1-2-5 Step)

Horizontal position adjustable with indicator

Vertical sensitivity 10mV/Div~10V/Div (with ×1 probe)

0.5V/Div~100V/Div (with ×10 probe)

Vertical position adjustable with indicator

Input impedance >500KΩ

Max input voltage 80Vpp (by ×1 probe)

Coupling DC

Trig modes Auto, Norma, Single, None and Scan

Functionalities: Automatic measurement: frequency, cycle, duty, Vpp, Vram, Vavg and DC voltage

Precise vertical measurement with markers

Precise horizontal measurement with markers

Rising/falling edge trigger

Trig level adjustable with indicator

Trig sensitivity adjustable with indicator

Hold/run feature

Test signal Built-in 10Hz~1MHz (1-2-5 Step)

Waveform storage SD card

PC connection via USB as SD card reader

Upgrade by bootloader via USB

Power supply 3.7V Chargeable Lithium battery / USB

Dimension (w/o probe) 105mm X 53mm X 8mm

Copied from: DSO nano - Pocket size digital storage oscilloscope DSO nano - the cheap, low cost micro digital storage oscilloscope [TOL114C3M] - $89.00 : Seeed Studio Bazaar, Boost ideas, extend the reach

Has anyone here ever used the Oscium oscilloscope for the iPad/iTouch/iPhone? It looks like a pretty sweet device, and a lot better than using a 30 pound, full fledged scope, as long as the functionality is accurate and reliable. Here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen/heard of one.

Oscilloscopes | Oscium

Has anyone here ever used the Oscium oscilloscope for the iPad/iTouch/iPhone? It looks like a pretty sweet device, and a lot better than using a 30 pound, full fledged scope, as long as the functionality is accurate and reliable. Here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen/heard of one.
Oscilloscopes | Oscium
I downloaded an O app for my phone. I wish there where more people that would test these out with real machines and see if its even in the ballpark to use.

I havehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Velleman-HPS140i-Handheld-Pocket-Oscilloscope-with-X10-Probe-Included-/151165076534?_trksid=p2054897.l4276 and i've been pretty happy with it so far. Haven't really tried others though to know a difference. I has a backlight, and easy to see display, lots of settings, and can also show rms wattage as a readout. although it is a little jumpy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get some of your friends that have systems to pitch in and tune a bunch of systems with it to offset the cost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supereikenator

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
supereikenator
Strafford, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date