Ok, Ive tried to do some research on my own...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
and Im too dumb. Need a box design. Im not screwing with winisd any mo, so take this!

Vehicle :2015 Ford Fusion

Location in the vehicle:

Space available (Length x Width x Height): od max dim. 39w x 16h x 17d

Subwoofer make and model: Soundqubed HD3.112

Subwoofer Size:12 inch

Number of Subwoofers:2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot or aero, not sure which yet

What type of music do you like?:Everything, mainly reggae, older rap, ska, sometimes metal.

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:Every day

Tuning Freq (Hz):34

Volume :loud

Questions:

Ive been all over with this, just ask 350zspl, originally wanted to do a single 12, a nicer one than the HDS but some things came to mind. Im only going to run the gp3000d pro amp at 2 ohms for a while due to being, well, too broke to really beef up the electrical in my car at the moment so I want to go this route and throw 1500 watts at the 2 HDS3.112's . I aslo dont want to kill every inch of my trunk as I use it, so I think a box with the space I have available should net me about 4 cubes and leave me some room, unless Im wrong.

Do I want to face subs and port forward, subs and port rear? I dunno, please guide me along this journey. Thanks

Realistically how much space are you willing to use?.. is what you listed above able to fit into/through the vehicle opening?... 33-34hz tune huh?

and Im too dumb. Need a box design. Im not screwing with winisd any mo, so take this!Vehicle :2015 Ford Fusion

Location in the vehicle:

Space available (Length x Width x Height): od max dim. 39w x 16h x 17d

Subwoofer make and model: Soundqubed HD3.112

Subwoofer Size:12 inch

Number of Subwoofers:2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot or aero, not sure which yet

What type of music do you like?:Everything, mainly reggae, older rap, ska, sometimes metal.

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:Every day

Tuning Freq (Hz):34

Volume :loud

Questions:

Ive been all over with this, just ask 350zspl, originally wanted to do a single 12, a nicer one than the HDS but some things came to mind. Im only going to run the gp3000d pro amp at 2 ohms for a while due to being, well, too broke to really beef up the electrical in my car at the moment so I want to go this route and throw 1500 watts at the 2 HDS3.112's . I aslo dont want to kill every inch of my trunk as I use it, so I think a box with the space I have available should net me about 4 cubes and leave me some room, unless Im wrong.

Do I want to face subs and port forward, subs and port rear? I dunno, please guide me along this journey. Thanks
Running at 2 ohms is beyond pointless. Run it at 1 ohms but set the gains in a way that your volts dont drop below 12.6v Just because there's 3000 doesnt mean you need to use 3000. No need for a sh*t ohm load when you can just turn the fking amp down.

it'll fit, or it'll go in through the front. higher or lower on the tune?
Your music tastes?.. 35hz... but personally id tune to 33-34hz just for the occasional urge to go lower... low notes are addictive

Oh yeah, I do want lows. I’ve been outta the game for a bit, my last ride was tuned around 30 and it was too low for some of the music I listen to. And I get ya jeff on the ohms, just tossing out ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your music tastes?.. 35hz... but personally id tune to 33-34hz just for the occasional urge to go lower... low notes are addictive
i'm actually thinking about dropping my rear port tuning down to 22hz and front port down as well. Actually getting tired of 45hz+ stuff ever since my midbass is slamming. 26hz and under feel nice haha.

That was for Jeff...but don't mind your input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.