ORION amps reviews?

10+ year member

Review of Amplifier:

Hey guys, I have been thinking of getting a new Orion amp. I had one in the past and it was just amazing. It performed beyond my expectations. stupid me I sold it cause it was too loud. I now want to hurt my ears again.

...but

I heard that the new prducts are not as good as the old products. what do you guys think?

Is there any review about the newer items mostly the HCCA models?

im looking a wiring diagram or a harness for a orion nt 100 can any one help or lead me in the right direction
they are easy to purchase on ebay so you don't have to "custom" wire the plug. Their is also pdf files for the manual online as well.

Review of Amplifier:Hey guys, I have been thinking of getting a new Orion amp. I had one in the past and it was just amazing. It performed beyond my expectations. stupid me I sold it cause it was too loud. I now want to hurt my ears again.

...but

I heard that the new prducts are not as good as the old products. what do you guys think?

Is there any review about the newer items mostly the HCCA models?
I personally do not like any Orion from when the hcca line went into G4 production.

i have a 1200 hcca, I think its a new one its small and has two 30 amp fuses, not much good i can say about it, take that back it doesnt pull on my batt any, sounds like a 300 or 400 watt amp at most, I just won bid on a new never used mtx7801 amp on ebay if it comes as said i will be happy

I benched an Orion HCCA 225 Digital Reference at 54.53 watts per channel using 4 ohm dummy loads:

HCCA_Power_test.jpg

Granted, I don't have a distortion analyzer, but, we can see that it wasn't clipping!

I benched an Orion HCCA 225 Digital Reference at 54.53 watts per channel using 4 ohm dummy loads:
HCCA_Power_test.jpg

Granted, I don't have a distortion analyzer, but, we can see that it wasn't clipping!

Nice! I have one also....

Velleman HPS50

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.