Peal and Seal or cheap sound deadener for some areas?

Intercooler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Maryland
Is Peal and Seal okay for say a plastic package tray or trunk lid for rattles? Is it also okay for doors and stuff or is their a cheap alternative for the door areas? I need some and don't know if I should go E-Bay or some other place for cheap options.

Not on doors, it doesn't adhere well enough and it has some problems at temperature.

I wouldn't put it in my car, your better off buying less raammatt or some real buytl deadener.

i have it on my roof, doors and floor and have not had a problem. after i put it on, i used a steel roller and rolled the hell out of it, then i hit it with a heat gun and rolled it again. Now, i believe it is permanently fused to the car. I tried to pul a small area off and it was coming off.

I don't what to believe to be honest anymore. I have FatMat, which most people believe is a more expensive version of peel and seel and so far have it in the trunk of the floors and because I ran out of Second skin, some is on the back quarter panels inside a little cubby hole I have in my car. No problems what so ever and to be honest, it is the quietest part of my car. Funny thing is because of that cubby hole or whatever you want to call it, it traps a lot of bass in there and flex's the **** out of it. Not anymore though. I believe both work and nothing has come off and the FatMat didn't cut my hands up like the SS did. The fatmat is a little harder to mold and roll though.

the long term (4+ yrs) sticking reliablity of peel and seal isnt really well known. you are best off just applying it to non-sloping surfaces like the floor

Lots of info on this topic, but if I needed that much I would go with Rammat.
I'd agree. You want butyl adhesive with aluminum foil facing and RAAMmat is the cheapest product I know of that fits the bill. Higher quality mats like Dynamat Xtreme and higher quality still, like Second Skin and Cascade use a thicker foil and better grade adhesive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.