peel and seal=the shiit

btmorris972
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well about a month ago i purchased the dynamat trunk kit. it made a big improvement but i didnt have enough to cover the whole trunk. MY trunk was still rattling to hell.

a little while ago i went to lowes and picked up a roll of P@S for $13.50.

finished my trunk lid and now i have no rattles at all.

to me this stuff semms to be as good or better that the original dynamat. especially for the money.

just thought ide share my experience with this stuff.

Hmm, how much do you get for $13.50? Seems like a better deal if it works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hmm, how much do you get for $13.50? Seems like a better deal if it works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

it was 6"x25' it was $13.50with tax at lowes. it was the only rolls they had at this lowes but it was actually a good size for just touching up my trunk lid. ive still got more that half the roll left:)

ive been using peel and seal for a long time. i love the way it works, and it actually sticks to the trunk lid with out extra adhesive.. and for the person that asked where it is in the store, its by the roofing material.

wait till the heat of summer....

The stuff has a lower heat resistance and a high smell factor. Once it starts getting into the high double digits or the triple digits.. it'll start smelling like tar and peeling right off.

The stuff has a lower heat resistance and a high smell factor. Once it starts getting into the high double digits or the triple digits.. it'll start smelling like tar and peeling right off.
Really? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif That ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I am considering doing my trunk in peel n seal... If there is a bad smell, do you think it will be a strong enough smell that will come right into my car and overpower my air freshner smell? If it's gonna stink then I don't know if I want to do it. But as of now, my plan is to go ahead with it.

All That Is Not True...Peel & Seal is not that bad of a product as long as u dont slack off and apply it with a hair dryer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

All That Is Not True...Peel & Seal is not that bad of a product as long as u dont slack off and apply it with a hair dryer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Says the guy who doesn't live in a state where summer temps rise over 110 deg.

I am considering doing my trunk in peel n seal... If there is a bad smell, do you think it will be a strong enough smell that will come right into my car and overpower my air freshner smell? If it's gonna stink then I don't know if I want to do it. But as of now, my plan is to go ahead with it.
It smells like tar. Plain and simple. Don't ever scrimp on deadener. It'll come back to get you in the end.

I disagree with ole johnny boy here.

I have p&s as my deadener and live in TX, where it gets plenty hot.

I have no smell of tar in my cabin (the new car smell may still be overpowering it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ). He is right though, if you don't put in the right effort, the stuff will peel off the trunk lid, not anywhere else though.

If you don't want to put all of your pennies towards deadener, this is the way to go. Of course, it's not as good as many deadener products but still gets the job done.

i'm in florida, and i am a roofing contractor, i did my entire car with this material.. and FATMAT is nothing but 36" rolls of peel and seal, it's the best roofing material there is and works **** good as a deadener. my scion hit 158 with this material.. it's great stuff.

and being florida, it gets around 100 degrees here all the time ++++ that inside of a car just sitting in the sun +++ that because my car is Black.

this stuff is great as long as you apply it while it's hot, and let it sit in the sun for a bit first so it's easy to adhere.. and use a wallpaper roller or something similar to make it roll on easy and strong seal.

plus it makes your floorpan and trunk water proof : )

i'm in florida, and i am a roofing contractor, i did my entire car with this material.. and FATMAT is nothing but 36" rolls of peel and seal, it's the best roofing material there is and works **** good as a deadener. my scion hit 158 with this material.. it's great stuff.
and being florida, it gets around 100 degrees here all the time ++++ that inside of a car just sitting in the sun +++ that because my car is Black.

this stuff is great as long as you apply it while it's hot, and let it sit in the sun for a bit first so it's easy to adhere.. and use a wallpaper roller or something similar to make it roll on easy and strong seal.

plus it makes your floorpan and trunk water proof : )
wow, that would be bomb if it makes my trunk waterproof. I have the smallest leak in my trunk, I found it and covered it with all kinds of stuff but it still lets a little water through... if this will help seal it off completly then I'm gonna have to try it. Unless people know of a good product to seal up my tiny hole in my trunk. Also, what temperature should you apply to peel n seal at? and what do you use to heat it up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

btmorris972

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
btmorris972
Carrollton TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date