People who have heard/owned FI subs need help!

illistillusion

ny
How loud are these bad boys? (BL) series. I was going to go look at an 18" fi bl this weekend, I was going to power it with a hifonics 2100.1(brz) super d class. I already have the amp, picked it up locally for $200, its in 10/10 condition. If I end up getting this sub, it comes in an atrend 18lsv vented box. not sure if its the best box for it. It would be getting put into a 97 plymouth breeze, and theres no way its fitting in my trunk, so I was going to take the back seat out and set it there. He wants $300 for the sub and the box, my main question is how loud are these subs? I heard 2 Rocksford t2 and those pounded harder than anything ive ever heard.. I want something comparable to that. Do the bigger subs hit the lows as good as the smaller ones?

Also, there's a 15" btl in my area but the dust cap came off and he glued it back on and it looks messy, doesnt know how it fell off.. something I should be worried about?

BTL over BL without question. Don't worry about the dustcap swap. as long as he didn't drop anything down into the coil, you're fine. Worst case you can remove the dustcap and replace it properly.

I have an Sp4 and have no complaints, loud and clear bass it's all I can say. In you case, The bigger the size of the speaker, the lower it can play. Besides that, I were you, I'll check that subs good before buying, not because of the brand, I say this because of the condition they might be in.

I have an Sp4 and have no complaints, loud and clear bass it's all I can say. In you case, The bigger the size of the speaker, the lower it can play. Besides that, I were you, I'll check that subs good before buying, not because of the brand, I say this because of the condition they might be in.
yeah he wants me to hear them before I buy them. he said he wouldnt actually sell them until I did hear them. I'm not so stuck on just 1 15, I would go with 2 12s, but I'm not quite sure whats out there. I've only heard of the popular subs, kicker,jl,alpine,rf,ab etc. The guy with the 15 fi btl wants 260 with the box. I cant really pass that up.. He said he upgraded every option when he bought it. Not sure what to check for other than hearing it, I know if I take the sub out I can look at the coils, but not sure what to look for.

yeah he wants me to hear them before I buy them. he said he wouldnt actually sell them until I did hear them. I'm not so stuck on just 1 15, I would go with 2 12s, but I'm not quite sure whats out there. I've only heard of the popular subs, kicker,jl,alpine,rf,ab etc. The guy with the 15 fi btl wants 260 with the box. I cant really pass that up.. He said he upgraded every option when he bought it. Not sure what to check for other than hearing it, I know if I take the sub out I can look at the coils, but not sure what to look for.
BTL is a far better sub (don't worry about messy glue job in dustcap) and that's a fantastic price. Get a custom box made and go with that. 9 times out of 10 a 15 is far more appropriate for a trunk and will outperform an 18 unless you really have a lot of space to give up. IMO if you can't give up 6 (or better 8) cubes for an 18, most high end 15's in 5 cube will be far superior.

BTL is a far better sub (don't worry about messy glue job in dustcap) and that's a fantastic price. Get a custom box made and go with that. 9 times out of 10 a 15 is far more appropriate for a trunk and will outperform an 18 unless you really have a lot of space to give up. IMO if you can't give up 6 (or better 8) cubes for an 18, most high end 15's in 5 cube will be far superior.
comes in a 4 or 4.3 cube box tuned to 32 hrz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.