Pics! 2015 wrx fiberglass enclosure progress

emu1342

Florida
For those of you who may remember, I posted a topic about my materials list and a lot of people had some great advice that has led me to this point.

I'm a little less than half way done with the enclosures and would like some advice with positioning the speakers and anything else you guys can offer advice on.

They will probably be pointed slightly upwards to avoid any contact with items in my trunk. Will this produce any cancelation?

I am also about to measure airspace. The bag of packing peanuts I bought covers about 1.5 cubic feet of airspace. How can I accurately reduce that to 1.2-1.3?

12223947f5960f1f9fd4684508f5d24a.jpg
93c589f36fbf4bfa7c94f3b2349b5d21.jpg
3d07518494a89d8d7b6a9e25d9599bf8.jpg

The subs require 1 cu ft of airspace. I figured the .3 would be enough to factor the speaker displacement. Should I just try and fit all 1.5cu ft of packing peanuts?

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Cut off like 4 inches from the end. It doesnt have to be exact.
I'll probably be trimming the enclosure up. I overshot on purpose. Thanks for the tip

Or create cardboard little boxes that are 6x6x6in. Think origami. Thats .125 cuft. So two of them would be what you need to lose.
bro that car on your sig is sick man LoL.. and by the way threadstarter, that enclosure looks like its gna come out nice.

Also, does anyone have a recommendation on where I can store my amps?
https://www.google.com/search?q=amp+racks&rlz=1C1VSNC_en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAra6M-LzLAhVO-mMKHauvBWsQ_AUICCgC&biw=1366&bih=659#tbm=isch&q=amp+racks+car+audio

also you can actually figure out how much to cut off. lxwxh=y............... Y/1728=cuft

so if you cut a 5in by 5in by 10in section. you'd lose .144 cuft.

play with your measurements and find out what you need to lose. but honestly. i dont think .3 cuft is gonna make them sound worse. better efficiency :3

https://www.google.com/search?q=amp+racks&rlz=1C1VSNC_en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAra6M-LzLAhVO-mMKHauvBWsQ_AUICCgC&biw=1366&bih=659#tbm=isch&q=amp+racks+car+audio
also you can actually figure out how much to cut off. lxwxh=y Y/1728=cuft

so if you cut a 5in by 5in by 10in section. you'd lose .144 cuft.

play with your measurements and find out what you need to lose. but honestly. i dont think .3 cuft is gonna make them sound worse. better efficiency :3
Thanks. I knew I was gonna have to create some sort of rack. Maybe some ideas on placement? I was thinking where the spare tire was... But I would like easy access to them. Then I thought mounting them right on the enclosure... Idk

Definitely dont mount on enclosure. Ever felt an enclosure at high volume? Vibrations like crazy. Do you really want your expensive amp vibrating constantly?

Easy way: slab of wood. Carpet it. Call it good.
AR1-6.jpg

Hard way: build a false floor. Recess amps into it. https://www.google.com/search?q=car+audio+amp+rack&rlz=1C1VSNC_en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYva6a-rzLAhVL7WMKHawXBtEQ_AUICCgC&biw=1366&bih=659#tbm=isch&q=car+audio+false+floor&imgrc=XI-7gnUhjLYfmM%3A

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Definitely dont mount on enclosure. Ever felt an enclosure at high volume? Vibrations like crazy. Do you really want your expensive amp vibrating constantly?
Easy way: slab of wood. Carpet it. Call it good.

Hard way: build a false floor. Recess amps into it.

Lol! I like the easy way

be sure not to mount an amp upside like that though. most are designed to dissipate heat from their top side.
If the "top" of the amp isn't covered, it doesn't matter how it's mounted...

Just need to make sure it's getting airflow for cooling

If the "top" of the amp isn't covered, it doesn't matter how it's mounted...
Just need to make sure it's getting airflow for cooling
Eh. Mosfets to heatsink. Heat sink on top(which then becomes bottom) heat has to flow on and around the board. Not good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.