pioneer p2400bt and triggering voice recognition

Participant count
  • Participant list

bdee1

Hi I have a quick question about my new Pioneer p2400bt head unit. I love the fact that it has the hands free calling with the external microphone - the sound quality seems really good but there is one thing I cant figure out.

I know that I can initiate a call by pressing the phone icon and then accessing my phone book or recent calls list, but I am using an iphone 4s, and it seems like there should be a button to just launch siri on the iphone.

In the manual (page 55) it says that i can press and hold the button which switches between a phone call and bluetooth audio streaming and it will trigger the voice recognition on the phone, but when i hit the phone button, that button is not displayed.

can someone help em figure this out?

I have the 2400BT. My understanding of the manual is this is not a model where you can trigger phone voice recognition features through the head unit. I know exactly the button you speak of and it doesn't show up for me either when I am trying to do this. I think this may be possible on certain other models but on this one your only option would be to trigger SIRI through the phone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.