Popping Noise and Vibrating Sound

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 2 American Bass XFL 1544s ran to 1 ohm on a Hifonics Brutus 2k. Ive only had them about 2 months and they have just recently started to make a loud popping noise and a higher pitch hum. Sounds like a mechanical noise. I have my amp tuned right and gains set correctly. I was wondering what the sound may be? I'm not clipping them, and they are only 2 months old. What would fix this? I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to recone them 2 months into their lifespan...

I have 2 American Bass XFL 1544s ran to 1 ohm on a Hifonics Brutus 2k. Ive only had them about 2 months and they have just recently started to make a loud popping noise and a higher pitch hum. Sounds like a mechanical noise. I have my amp tuned right and gains set correctly. I was wondering what the sound may be? I'm not clipping them, and they are only 2 months old. What would fix this? I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to recone them 2 months into their lifespan...
Sounds like an electrical issue to me but possibly not. Are you familiar with alternator whine? Could that be the humming noise? And the pop is usually related to preouts or grounding but if it just started I can't be sure. Someone else will have an idea.

Sounds like an electrical issue to me but possibly not. Are you familiar with alternator whine? Could that be the humming noise? And the pop is usually related to preouts or grounding but if it just started I can't be sure. Someone else will have an idea.
Its not alternator whine. Ive dealt with that before. and im familiar with it. It sounds like a mechanical noise. As if the actual cone is off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.