Possibly need a 18" sub for project.

3.5 he needs a 15 not enough airspace even for an 18 that likes small boxes I do have an ssd motor I could sell or build to a 15 for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try and find a mach 5 audio MJ 18, they are rated @600 and can take 1k. i had one and you could maybe get by with 3.5 sealed but 4 would be better.

I'd definitely go with a 15 in a proper box than an 18 in a box that's choking it. I'm assuming you have enough room for a 3.5ft^3 ported box after displacement...or is this for a sealed box?

I'd definitely go with a 15 in a proper box than an 18 in a box that's choking it. I'm assuming you have enough room for a 3.5ft^3 ported box after displacement...or is this for a sealed box?
That wouldn't be choking the mj18 they work well in 2.5+ it's just not IDEAL

That wouldn't be choking the mj18 they work well in 2.5+ it's just not IDEAL
I'm assuming this is for a ported setup. If it is sealed, then there are several 18's that should work ok in that size box, the MJ included...very nice woofer for $100-120.

3.5 ported...

In an 18" format look for a Qts of 0.25 or lower..... good luck with the 300 dollars unless its an entry pro woofer with next to no throw - which may work too.

most of these are about 1 grand. What you're asking for (if done right) is not cheep.

TC Pro 5100 Neo

Sound Stream XXX

Fi BTL (ask for soft spiders)

old school TC-5200 or Eclipse Ti Pro or any 4HP

IA Warden (again, ask soft spiders or the Q will be too high)

custom DC might work too, i think they have some super neo thing too.

B&C SW115 Neo

The second issue is a big enough port... You'll need a huge port and it will have to be long in that size box. Unless its going to stick out of the box a few feet then you probably have to do it with passive radiators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.