powerbass amps

Im confused as to what you are asking.

You want to carry PB amps in your store? Youre trying to pair a DA 12" to a PB amp?

I have a 1500.1d and love it so far. about to recheck my gains today since its been about 2 weeks since my initial install. Just bought a 600.4 and 400.2 from a member on here last night to use for my components.

I have been impressed with Powerbass amps. Now that they have Rich Coe - expect great things from that company, and some very inexpensive amps that will make rated power.
Very true. Before I installed my amp I had a friend who works at a local audio shop clamp my amp. Got 1587w out of it.

Whats the VC config and how many ohms will the amp see?

DB Amp

4 Ω @ 14.4 VOLTS: 1 x 175 Watts

2 Ω @ 14.4 VOLTS: 1 x 375 Watts

1 Ω @ 14.4 VOLTS: 1 x 750 Watts

PB Amp

4 ohm Power : 300W x 1

2 ohm Power : 600W x 1

If you can wire them to a 1 ohm load the DB amp will send about 375 watts to each sub. Prob closer to 300 on a 12v elec. system.

If you wire them to a 2 ohm load on the PB amp they will see just about the same power. Maybe a little more actually.

The pair of D2 subs will wire to .5, 2, 8 ohms. 1 is not an option between the pair.

Have your car's engine running. Your alternator will charge your system to 14 volts.
This man is correct. The PB is your best bet running the amp at 2 ohms.

Hey, I have the 1100.5 amp running all my components and 1 12" P3 sub. the sub is dual VC and is bridged. My amp gets extremely hot and goes into protection mode after about an hour. I wouldn't think my speakers are too much for this amp! Any ideas???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.