Powermax alts on ebay

I asked the same question not long ago. I decided to go with a singer alternator. Even if the powermax does it rated amps, how long will it last before it craps out and your stuck somewhere on the side of the road with no power or worse with blown belts.

Full Amp output at 1200 rpm is not bad at all.

My only concern with any alternator, is low voltage. That one says "12-14.7 volts". anything below 13 volts would absolutely ****. I would never buy/keep a alt that did not have 14.0 volts or higher at idle.

Wonder if they would test the voltage for you before they send it?

i had a friend that had one for about a yr or so and never had a problem. Voltage held up well, he tested his and it did like 210amps which for the price isnt bad. as far as i know his was never at 12v lol

Full Amp output at 1200 rpm is not bad at all.
My only concern with any alternator, is low voltage. That one says "12-14.7 volts". anything below 13 volts would absolutely ****. I would never buy/keep a alt that did not have 14.0 volts or higher at idle.

Wonder if they would test the voltage for you before they send it?
The alternators voltage regular should be set to the same voltage your stock one is when the company builds it.

i actually bought this adapter thing from zzp for 27 dollars that raises my voltage to 15.8 so i might buy this alt and use lthe adapter thing with it to keep my voltage from going under 12. while i save for a dc 300 or somethin

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

stock is like 14.5 or so

The alternators voltage regular should be set to the same voltage your stock one is when the company builds it.
its kinda depends where it comes from and if its externally regulated. my stock alt ran at higher voltage then my DC does but my DC has more output of course

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

this may help alittle.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-car-audio-reviews/515598-powermax-ho-alternators-ebay.html

alot of people on here that say they suk etc have never used them or have any exp. They just say it because everyone else does

I bought an ebay one about a month ago but not that one too many mixed reviews. Mine was from a guy who rebuilds them...it was a stock 145amp delco he upped to 275. So far so good...puts out what it says...only issue and not sure if its normal but mine will set at 15.1 for a while befor dropping and still holds between 14.4 and 14.9. I have been givin it hell too and where my old alt would drop to 11v this one hasnt went below 13v yet. I pais 199.

I bought an ebay one about a month ago but not that one too many mixed reviews. Mine was from a guy who rebuilds them...it was a stock 145amp delco he upped to 275. So far so good...puts out what it says...only issue and not sure if its normal but mine will set at 15.1 for a while befor dropping and still holds between 14.4 and 14.9. I have been givin it hell too and where my old alt would drop to 11v this one hasnt went below 13v yet. I pais 199.

sent u a pm

its kinda depends where it comes from and if its externally regulated. my stock alt ran at higher voltage then my DC does but my DC has more output of course 

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

this may help alittle.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-car-audio-reviews/515598-powermax-ho-alternators-ebay.html

alot of people on here that say they suk etc have never used them or have any exp. They just say it because everyone else does
Even if it is internally regulated the builder can still set the voltage when he is building the alternator. There is a internal circuit board inside the alternator and it's simple to change the voltage when the alternator is getting built. My new singer alternator is set at the exact same voltage that my stock is at.

Even if it is internally regulated the builder can still set the voltage when he is building the alternator. There is a internal circuit board inside the alternator and it's simple to change the voltage when the alternator is getting built. My new singer alternator is set at the exact same voltage that my stock is at.
hm. again mine runs alittle lower but i dont drop alot voltage

LOL, Ok, now i get it. I thought that was strange.

I never knew people would actually want there output alt below 13.7. I can't even think of a reason for that on any car???

Lead acid batteries life having a direct relationship to charge voltage and all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

globalminds_ent

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
globalminds_ent
oxford ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date