Prefab + SA-12s

Participant count
  • Participant list

WhatsAminiTruck

Senior VIP Member
Alright so, I'm becoming impatient with saving money for a custom box, and I want to throw my Sundown SA-12s into the prefab box that I was using with my Memphis PR-12s.

Inside the box,

One sub had one terminal hooked up normally, and the other terminal had a wire running positive to the opposite terminals positive.

The other sub had one terminal hooked up normally, and the other terminal had a wire running negative to the opposite terminals negative.

Can I wire up my sa-12s the same way?

And do I screw the SA-12s into the old holes? Or make new ones?

Are there going to be any problems with doing this, other than my SA-12s sounding like poo?

don't I know you? were you on carstereoclassifieds? anyway, the prefab could be alright depending what they specs are and if you don't know get torres and put in measurements as far as the crazy wiring, think your last subs were wired either down or up depending on the amp and subs you could wire up or down.... I have actually found prefabs that were very close to specs and sounded great... I think like 2.2 or 2.3 for the sa 12 is what mine was....

go to the12volt.com and look and wiring diagrams. you have to know what OHM your subs are before you can get your answer
Both pairs are 4Ω

don't I know you? were you on carstereoclassifieds? anyway, the prefab could be alright depending what they specs are and if you don't know get torres and put in measurements as far as the crazy wiring, think your last subs were wired either down or up depending on the amp and subs you could wire up or down.... I have actually found prefabs that were very close to specs and sounded great... I think like 2.2 or 2.3 for the sa 12 is what mine was....
The prefab is 4 cubes. 33hz

And the PR-12s were wired to the SAZ-1500, so they had to run the amp at 4Ω

Both are pairs are 4Ω

The prefab is 4 cubes. 33hz

And the PR-12s were wired to the SAZ-1500, so they had to run the amp at 4Ω
that box is fine... and it will sound good in there too... mine was 2.2 @ 33hz single, sounded good!!!! ok, go to 12volt or crutchfield get wiring diagram, wire to one ohm and let em hammer.....

that box is fine... and it will sound good in there too... mine was 2.2 @ 33hz single, sounded good!!!! ok, go to 12volt or crutchfield get wiring diagram, wire to one ohm and let em hammer.....

Is this the correct diagram?

http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

not if its a mono it don't.... (matter)

One more problem though.... the diagram shows three pieces of wire going into the same post. The terminals on the sa-12s are just big enough to fit a single strand of 12awg. I can't even fit two in the same post... how am I going to fit three?

One more problem though.... the diagram shows three pieces of wire going into the same post. The terminals on the sa-12s are just big enough to fit a single strand of 12awg. I can't even fit two in the same post... how am I going to fit three?
what i did was.... lol cut all three strands in half then twist em together and put it in there....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.