Problems w/ Mean Machine 1400.D

Senatex
10+ year member

I for the life of me can not figure out what the problem is, so after all my frustration i figured id post a question here.

I have it running at 1 ohm, to two kicker cvx 12"s.. also i have a capacitor running before the amp, i believe it is 1.5 farad.

the amp powers on, like it glows blue like it normally does.. except the green power light doesnt come on, but neither does the red light..

sometimes it starts working for a little while, then it stops again.. so im at a loss to what the problem is.

i thought maybe it wasnt getting enough power from the capacitor? but ive never had a problem before.. i dont have the gain turned all the way up on the amp either.. From what i heard this particular amp could run 1 ohm just fine.. so whats the deal? i appreciate all the help in advance

Is this amp new or used? If everything is hooked up right it should be fine at 1 ohm. We use alot of the new Mean Machines and have had great luck with them. All and all they have outperformed the the Hifonics XX amps we were using in comps. If niether the red or green light comes on though, you may have some issues.

Its used...but like i said ive never had a problem with it, its been running perfectly fine for a month now. And no it doesnt give power to the subs, atleast not all the time.. it comes and goes, sometimes longer.

As for checking the connections, everything is ran nice and neat

Its used...but like i said ive never had a problem with it, its been running perfectly fine for a month now. And no it doesnt give power to the subs, atleast not all the time.. it comes and goes, sometimes longer.
Ran nice and neat, but are the connection secure..Where have you grounded your amp?

These amps have been known to go into protect mode, but this I don't get. It seems to me like it's a connection problem...either in or outside the amp.

1. Disconnect the remote wire from the amp

2. Place a jumper wire from the amp remote terminal to the amp + terminal.

If it turns on and plays, you have a remote circuit (from the head unit) that is not providing enough voltage or is current limited and will need a relay to boost the voltage/current to the amp remote terminal.

if this does not help, call maxxsonics at (847) 540-7700 and ask for tech support or right an e-mail to Mike Stiers @ mikes@maxxsonics.com

Did you buy that amp from Blados? If so thats my old amp, but it never had any issues. Wondering if there is a connection loose inside or something. Anyways, listen to team maxxsonics^^^ and do what he suggested, and yeah they run great at 1 ohms.

yeah im going to try that, and yes i bought that amp of blados.. like i said its worked perfectly fine. Im going to re-check my connections as well as jump the remote from the power.. ill let you guys know, thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.