Pros and Cons of inverting my D6's

Participant count
  • Participant list

kotec123
10+ year member

Flame
Chicago
I'm getting a new box, and i figured it would be a good time to decide if i want to invert or just mount my subs the regular way. The box is ported to 40hz and is about 28" x 16-1/2" x 14". Inverting would obviously give me more volume, but would i need more?? My subs are currently facing towards the back in my trunk. The diamond audio d6 that ive got have a big very nice chrome magnet, but i can sacrifice not seeing it if there are downsides to inverting subs in this setup... If this helps i am giving each sub a little more then 500 rms and i listen to rap/ hiphop mostly.

let me know what to do

Your bling factor will go up. The subs will cool better. That's about it. Oh yeah, it will change the tuning of the box by a small margin... not by much, but still change it a bit. Inverted subs work great for really small sealed boxes that need all the room they can get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.