Quality Budget Amp

Iconic

I recently bought a 10" Alpine SWR-1043D (600 watts rms) sub and am now looking for an amp. I was hoping to not spend more than $150. I found a few MB Quart and Hifonics subs which look to give the sub more than enough juice but I was hoping to get some advice from you true audio heads. What amp in my budget would be best?

Edit* I'm strongly considering the Alpine MRP-M500. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking in the classifieds but I haven't seen anything that really matches up and is in my price range. But I will continue looking...

As for the alpine amp I mentioned, should I be worried that it only pushes out 500 watts rms when the sub is 600 watts rms? Because if so, then I will probably have to get one of the MB Quart amps

Ok thats good, so if you had to recommend me a amp would you say get the Alpine amp at 500 rms or the MB Quart REF1.800 which is 650 rms? Both would be around the same price. I'm just worried about the quality of the MB, which is why I'm asking...

no as long as you dont clip the amp you are good, also i have a 81000d I'm not using I might be able to get it to you around 150.
thats the best quality you'll find for $150. The 1501d's (pretty much same amp) used to go for around $300 used back in 06/07... If you need power at 2 ohms then get the mtx...otherwise Id say look into other used old school usa made stuff. the only problem is if you're kind of new to car audio you'd need to do alot of research to figure out of you found something worth your while.

get the mtx. you wont be disappointed.

81000d > newer soundstream rub's in my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.