Quality RCA's

Was just wondering what you alll recommend for nice RCA's. Im looking at the kicker ones. And also is it possibly to get a stronger signal if you run shorter rca cable's?
I run kicker. A SQ install thread I saw used Monster. And within the dimensions of a car, I don't think that short of a difference of length will matter.

Just don't go out and buy a cheap brand from Walmart or some place like that. I made that mistake before and the **** things didn't even fit tight on my amp. They would come loose and randomly my speakers would cut out. Any decent brand will work fine for you. I use stinger and have had 0 problems.

People think there's some magical noise cancellation that comes from twisted pairs, but that's not true. All they do is help insure that both wires are in the same noise field. With a balanced line that's important, because we want both wires to have exactly the same noise so the diff amp can reject it.

But RCA outputs are ground referenced. One of the wires (negative) is ground, and a ground wire can't pick up radiated electrical noise. It just can't.. it's ground.. zero ohms. Twisted or not. So even if you're feeding them to an amp with differential inputs, the noise will be only on the plus wire and the diff amp can't reject it.

Bottom line is that twisted pairs on an RCA is a worthless expense. All you'e getting is a signal line with an extra ground wrapped around it. Not that this is a bad thing... but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Knukonceptz Krystal RCA's are great, and very reasonably priced also. I've heard great things about Monster RCA's as well. Either one of those I would recommend. Or Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Stinger. Good as well.

Monster cables are the worst I've owned, they fit so tight they pulled the cap off the amp input. I didn't get much for $50 except lots of interference. Like Kicker they are way over priced. I bought some locking stingers off here and are very satisfied with the quality and especially the price. With locking cables you can open them up to slide them on easily then snug them down without stressing the connection. The solder on electrical connections is not for strength and can be easily cracked. I had to disassemble my amp to repair it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.